Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldy had another good game on Friday, surprised there hasn't been more chatter. I think this moment at the start of the 4th was huge. If it was marked by Richmond they could have started the 4th with a little momentum.

Was average i thought...

He is on big money. My understanding is we would get a good pick for him. I would let him go.
And replace him with who as first ruck??

Xerri is not ready yet, and won't be by round 1 next year.
Campbell is one of those players that is too good for VFL, but not good enough for AFL.
That's it for our ruck stocks!

I've said it before, but Goldy, along with Cunners, Brown and Taz, are the 4 players we can't let go this year because we have no one good enough to replace them in their positions.
Everyone else is on the table.

Campbell is one of those players that is too good for VFL, but not good enough for AFL.

I've said it before, but Goldy, along with Cunners, Brown and Taz, are the 4 players we can't let go this year because we have no one good enough to replace them in their positions.

This rubbish is based upon the comments of a sacked coach:

"The Kangas are undertaking “a strategic shift,” as former coach Brad Scott put it."

One of the better space cadets on the Richmond board has the "inside word" that Cunnington is off to Tigerland next year.

Completely agree. Todd has been excellent this year. Both ruck work and around the ground. Does not take any sh*t this year either. No rucks means no centre clearances means you are dead in the 666 era.

Completely agree. Todd has been excellent this year. Both ruck work and around the ground. Does not take any sh*t this year either. No rucks means no centre clearances means you are dead in the 666 era.
All good points however our centre sqaure clearences are probably bottom 4 in the league if not the worst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pain that we would experience short term if we lost Goldy, would only be worth it if we got a round 1 pick (which we won’t). So it’s a no from me.

Letting him go to the dogs for pick 12 a couple years ago, and fast tracking preuss to the number 1 ruckman is the only time I’d have considered it, but now we are in a situation without any lock long-term replacement. (FYI I see xerri more as a forward). Interested to see how the club handles the ruck issue going forward, one of the big question marks with our list.

If Todd is offered stupid money by another club, hmmmmm.

Is a pick circa #30 worth more to us than a topline player (for position) who might have 3+ seasons left?

Last we knew we weren't exactly bursting at the salary cap seams.

It's absurd.

People seem to be missing that Todd is over 30 and we are North Melbourne. That's 2 multipliers right there that will turn what could've been an extra first rounder into a total crapshoot in exchange for losing an elite player and good clubman.

But sure, let's let Todd walk and stake our future on the next Declan Watson, Ryan Clarke or Josh Williams.

Is a pick circa #30 worth more to us than a topline player (for position) who might have 3+ seasons left?

Last we knew we weren't exactly bursting at the salary cap seams.

Yeah, I'm not saying ditch him, I'd prefer to keep him.

The Saints also appear to have money to burn though.

People seem to be missing that Todd is over 30 and we are North Melbourne. That's 2 multipliers right there that will turn what could've been an extra first rounder into a total crapshoot in exchange for losing an elite player and good clubman.

But sure, let's let Todd walk and stake our future on the next Declan Watson, Ryan Clarke or Josh Williams.

My hunch is that it's just younger people with limited footy experience who post this stuff.

Goldstein is a very resilient ruckman who is playing a sustained level of good football. It's also a position which ages very well.

This is just player agent driven crap.

I can't see Todd being unreasonable with the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back