Toast 22under22 team for 2021 - Congrats to Vice Captain Andrew Brayshaw (and his mate Adam too)

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome effort and recognition for our captain-in-waiting Andrew Brayshaw to be voted as vice captain and ruck rover in the AFLPA 22under22 team for this year!

Also kudos to Adam Cerra for being named as rover in the team, here's hoping that helps us to extract a bit more than "adequate compensation" for your imminent departure.

Unfortunately Caleb Serong will have to be content with Goal of the Year (and a spot in the next three 22under22 teams).

It's a shame something like this is decided by public vote in what essentially boils down to a name recognition exercise, driven by fantasy football and media attention primarily.

Caleb needs to bump up his outside game to get those sweet mark and kicks, to jump into the elite category for fantasy managers from a cheap price.

It certainly doesn't hurt Cerra's value to be named in such a prime position...

It's a shame something like this is decided by public vote in what essentially boils down to a name recognition exercise, driven by fantasy football and media attention primarily.

Caleb needs to bump up his outside game to get those sweet mark and kicks, to jump into the elite category for fantasy managers from a cheap price.

It certainly doesn't hurt Cerra's value to be named in such a prime position...
I remember the year Ed Langdon got in it was the defender slot on the bench....I don't think he had ever played defender. I think the selectors mistook him for his brother? Anyway pretty sure the entire reason he got the nod was cause he pulled good fantasy scores haha.

Just to ram it home, Caleb Serong just won Best Young Player at the AFL awards night.... but couldn't make the team of best 22 under 22.

I remember the year Ed Langdon got in it was the defender slot on the bench....I don't think he had ever played defender. I think the selectors mistook him for his brother? Anyway pretty sure the entire reason he got the nod was cause he pulled good fantasy scores haha.
there was a year where Peter Wright got selected over Darcy as the ruckman...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back