Delisted 23. Aaron Black (2017 - 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont know if he should be classed as a tall forward, he's only 192cm which is only 2cm taller that Menzel. I think anyone over 195cm should be classed as a tall forward as Hawk is, i think Stanley will play forward a lot next year even with or without black in the team, could see Black and Menzel in pockets next to Hawk, Stanley at CHF.
I understand what you're saying, but I'm not sure a player's role is entirely dependent on his height. For example Pavlich is listed at 192cm, Roughead 193 and Nick Reiwoldt also 193. But they play tall. They're key forwards. From what North fans have said, Black is not a key forward, but I don't think that's due to him being a few centimetres too short, but rather a reflection of his game style not being that of a key forward.

The Malcolm Blight in me would play Harry Taylor as a forward if we fail again to to land a 2nd TF,failing to address this issue post Pods has f--ked us over royally in that period,time to bight the bullet and go on the attack.
I think Taylor would make a better forward than Stanley, and with Lonergan probably going on again, I really don't want the 4 key defenders. But whatever we do, we either need to stick to that plan and not change it up in finals, or allow ourselves longer than 1 or 2 weeks before finals to make those changes.

It's like Motlop is wearing a vest.

He was. He was wearing one of these Turtle vests.

aaatmnts-2.jpg

Honestly, can't remember the last time a player was so run down before he has even pulled a club polo on.

Think of it like this, the player we would have taken wouldn't have played at all this coming season if ever, Aaron is a chance to play and due to North paying half his wage he is close in wage to what a draftee is. It is a free swing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Taylor would make a better forward than Stanley, and with Lonergan probably going on again, I really don't want the 4 key defenders. But whatever we do, we either need to stick to that plan and not change it up in finals, or allow ourselves longer than 1 or 2 weeks before finals to make those changes.
Agree.
Also, had Hendo not been injured, he may have been played forward a bit more. Harry and Hendo are swing players, and both can and have played forward successfully. With Thurlow hopefully replacing Boris, I 'd really like to see Blic in a KB role from today onwards, and Taylor/Hendo CHF.
I don't think we are that bereft of KF talent, and many outsiders see us that way too. KB is going to be the area of concern, Who is it after Lonergan?
Blicavs , I hope.

Agree.
Also, had Hendo not been injured, he may have been played forward a bit more. Harry and Hendo are swing players, and both can and have played forward successfully. With Thurlow hopefully replacing Boris, I 'd really like to see Blic in a KB role from today onwards, and Taylor/Hendo CHF.
I don't think we are that bereft of KF talent, and many outsiders see us that way too. KB is going to be the area of concern, Who is it after Lonergan?
Blicavs , I hope.
Would much prefer Hendo to stay down back, he was our best back behind Boris last year.
His intercept marking was a joy to watch as he was one grabbing just about all that he flew for

Would much prefer Hendo to stay down back, he was our best back behind Boris last year.
His intercept marking was a joy to watch as he was one grabbing just about all that he flew for
Correct.
We also need to make the call now if we are going to move Taylor, he has the tools to be handy there, we just need the chemistry and symmetry worked on with the group. This swing man stuff won't work.
Lonergan, Hendo our 2 key backs with Kolo tall support.
Hawkins, Taylor our 2 key forwards with Menzel support and possibly black who is the Unknown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back