Delisted 23. Aaron Black (2017 - 2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes you must appreciate what you've got and where you are. Or you will always be searching for somethings just out of your reach.
This is spoken like a fat kid who is too afraid to go and say hello to a pretty girl...

Or an ugly kid, or a skinny kid....
I'd suggest, based on the following quote...

Sorry Blighty I am not some type of nerd .I am the type of guy who in high school got the amount of attention from girls that most guys could only dream about.
...we have someone who could help said kid out.

In fairness, McGrath, B.Sholl, Pickering, Tudor, C.Mooney were pretty bloody handy. Hamish, Steele Snake Baker not so much.

Amazing the number of Kangaroos players we've recruited over the years isn't it? Yet only Mooney has been part of a premiership team. Sholl was a star for us; McGrath a very handy CHB. Unfortunately though in recent years with McIntosh and Delaney they've only helped to feed our burgeoning medical budget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will form / fitness give Black any chance of making R1?

Serious question, since I've known nothing about him since he disappeared a couple of years back.......

He will have a shot if fit (has been injured a lot in recent years). Assuming clark goes the only other 2nd kpf option is stanley so if they want three talls up front or they want to use stanley more in the ruck he is some chance. At worst he is our next in depth option.

He will have a shot if fit (has been injured a lot in recent years). Assuming clark goes the only other 2nd kpf option is stanley so if they want three talls up front or they want to use stanley more in the ruck he is some chance. At worst he is our next in depth option.

Cheers PO.

I remember him bursting onto the scene a few years ago, and then he just......dare I say it......disappeared into a 'black' hole :oops: :p

He seemed agile enough. What injuries has he had to keep him out of the game so long?

Amazing the number of Kangaroos players we've recruited over the years isn't it? Yet only Mooney has been part of a premiership team. Sholl was a star for us; McGrath a very handy CHB. Unfortunately though in recent years with McIntosh and Delaney they've only helped to feed our burgeoning medical budget.

The 90's fellas were close, or at least they had their chances to win a Flag, alas no. Pickering remember was a B & F too in our ill-fated 1997 season, so he was very good. If he has kids, he played 102 games for the Catters. Just that they may have a bit of a sod for a manager!

The 90's fellas were close, or at least they had their chances to win a Flag, alas no. Pickering remember was a B & F too in our ill-fated 1997 season, so he was very good. If he has kids, he played 102 games for the Catters. Just that they may have a bit of a sod for a manager!

Pickering did have a few good years with us. Played a couple of decent finals too from memory. Alas, his conduct as a player manager has ruined that legacy!

I dont know if he should be classed as a tall forward, he's only 192cm which is only 2cm taller that Menzel. I think anyone over 195cm should be classed as a tall forward as Hawk is, i think Stanley will play forward a lot next year even with or without black in the team, could see Black and Menzel in pockets next to Hawk, Stanley at CHF.

I dont know if he should be classed as a tall forward, he's only 192cm which is only 2cm taller that Menzel. I think anyone over 195cm should be classed as a tall forward as Hawk is, i think Stanley will play forward a lot next year even with or without black in the team, could see Black and Menzel in pockets next to Hawk, Stanley at CHF.

There is always this game of who is a KPP and who isn't. A height of 192 is more then enough to be a KPP. Doesn't stop Darling at 191cm, guys like Reiwoldt, Roughead and Podsiadly are 193cm. But it seems to drift up by a few centimeters every 5 or so years. I always look at the role he plays, his bulk and his general agility and the types of players opposition teams send to him. He attracts a KPD so it suggests to me that he is a PKF.

I also find Menzel's current billed height to be suspect. He used to be billed as being a cm shorter than Johnson rather then the cm taller he is now. Not many guys grow taller when they are 22/23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back