23. Alex Witherden (2021 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

AlexWitherden-Wide-1920x1080.jpg

Details
Number
Height 188cm
Weight 80Kg
DOB 10-09-1998
Debut 2014 Round 14 Vs GWS (Brisbane Lions)

Player Honours: AFL Rising Star Nominee 2017, AFL Rising Star Nominee 2018, AFL 22 under 22 Team 2018
Draft history: 2017 NAB AFL Draft 2rd round selection (Brisbane Lions) No. 23 overall, traded to West Coast Eagles and pick 86 for pick 58 and future third round selection

Previous Clubs
Brisbane Lions 59 Games, 5 Goals

Last edited:
Hi all. I hope I'm not intruding.

Curious to hear how Witherden is tracking this preseason. Does he look like he'll be starting 22?

As a neutral observer it felt like he copped a bit of unfair criticism from some sections throughout a poor 2022 for WCE. The ball was coming into defensive 50 more frequently and more easily than I can ever recall of a WCE side, and thought Witherden did quite well.

Hoping to see him and your club bounce back strongly in 2023.

Hi all. I hope I'm not intruding.

Curious to hear how Witherden is tracking this preseason. Does he look like he'll be starting 22?

As a neutral observer it felt like he copped a bit of unfair criticism from some sections throughout a poor 2022 for WCE. The ball was coming into defensive 50 more frequently and more easily than I can ever recall of a WCE side, and thought Witherden did quite well.

Hoping to see him and your club bounce back strongly in 2023.
IMO he wont be best 22 and is probably lucky to still be around. We have players like Duggan, Cole, Hunt, Hurn, Yeo, Hough and a handful more that I would expect to play before him. He is simply too slow and not a great defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back