Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

IMG_8951.JPG

A little hint from Sam Durdin of why the negotiations may have taken longer than expected. Club clearly wanted a longer deal

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Disappointed the media team didn't include Ben's handpass AKA the handpass of 2021.

Looking forward to him taking the game on some more as he grows in confidence.

2 years won't matter when Harry signs for North on an 8 year deal.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Great news, wish it was a lot longer deal.

It's purely list management & economics mate.

Unless something goes absolutely haywire, he's North for life and virtually stated as much.

It's actually odd to think that he will become a life member in 4 years time at the ripe old age of 27.

Now for his brother....
Well with the external review about to undermine the club, almost the perfect time to go fishing ;-)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Never in doubt.

It's a no-brainer really... club has heaps of room for him to grow and develop, plenty of cap space and less pressure than say if he went to a bigger club that expected him to be on fire from day 1 whilst on big money.

He is in the groove right now with us and I hope it turns into a career that will be remembered.

H
View attachment 1150086
A little hint from Sam Durdin of why the negotiations may have taken longer than expected. Club clearly wanted a longer deal

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
For clarity, how do you draw that conclusion from that post?
I got the impression it was a joke saying, you’re not that good mate - your manager had to work his bum off to get you more than you deserve.
In a joking way - they seem to rip the piss out of each other in a friendly way form playing together in the twos for years.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
H

For clarity, how do you draw that conclusion from that post?
I got the impression it was a joke saying, you’re not that good mate - your manager had to work his bum off to get you more than you deserve.
In a joking way - they seem to rip the piss out of each other in a friendly way form playing together in the twos for years.
Agree, that's exactly how I read it too.

For what it is worth, given Ben's improvement the last 12 months 2 years is smart by him and his manager. If he is a $500-600k backman now in two years he could be asking for $800k easily.

Back