Weight: 95-100kg
Position: Swing Player, can play Forward or Back. Lockdown Defender
Plays Like: Jake Carlisle/Cale Hooker
Nickname: "Buckets" (Strong Mark)
Strengths: Aggression, Strength, Marking, Agility
Weaknesses: Offense, Kicking

McKay.jpg

They Say?:

"McKay possesses a natural competitive spirit: he enjoys the rough and tumble, crashing into packs and using his big frame to push opponents out of the way. At 199cm and 95kg, few others can match McKay in a wrestling contest." - Callum Twomey

"McKay started the year as a backman and then moved into the forward line. 14 goals from five games as a forward isn’t too bad." - Jordan Canil

"He's performed as a forward and a back in his short exposure in the NAB Cup – he only played the 10 games – but we think he's got the attributes to develop into a power forward. He's certainly going to provide a physical presence and impact marking contests. He's a highly competitive kid who has really improved over the second half of the year after playing senior footy at Warragul."- Bryce Lewis

"It's an honour to think they might be interested in you. I never expected anything like this to happen." - Ben Mckay (On speaking with recruiters)

CUkIXrkUwAAymgc.jpg

Follow
North Melbourne @NMFCOfficial

PICK 21: Our first selection in the #AFLDraft ... please welcome BEN MCKAY #NMFC

7:48 PM - 24 Nov 2015
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-11-...nit-ben-mckay-who-has-shot-up-the-draft-board

Last edited:

Steele7

Club Legend
Aug 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Grassy Hawks
Good pick. Player I wanted. Another Ben at the club. Jumper No 23.
Welcome Ben McKay.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I was hoping for a mid that would maybe be able to make an immediate impact next year, but welcome to Benny nonetheless. I know a couple of people who sort of know him and they did say that both the McKay boys are very humble, down to earth kids, so they definitely fit the type of character we normally go for. We've also gone alright with the Ben's in the last couple of weeks (Mabon and McKinley were great footballers ;)) so hopefully he can be as good as the Brown and Cunnington varieties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward or defender? I've heard he's a swingman but where is he more comfortable?
Swingman, has played more down back in the last year or so and supposedly is a decent read of the play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back