Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Has to play for the rest of the season. Very solid again tonight.

Made one very bad blue that he needs to learn from when the ball dropped short on the boundary and Hawkins marked, and Hawkins got a couple of lace outs that no one would have stopped, but otherwise he held his own against a very strong and seasoned forward. He's building nicely. Definitely fully committed.

Thought he was ok. Playing on one of the great forwards of the last decade. Geelong’s delivery to him was excellent most of the night.
Got to play the rest of the season & probably will if Browns injury is season ending, with Walker playing as swingman.

Made one very bad blue that he needs to learn from when the ball dropped short on the boundary and Hawkins marked, and Hawkins got a couple of lace outs that no one would have stopped, but otherwise he held his own against a very strong and seasoned forward. He's building nicely. Definitely fully committed.

If we keep it in perspective, it’s only his 4-5th game this year?

I think he’s slotted in perfectly. Done a great job in 2020

If we keep it in perspective, it’s only his 4-5th game this year?

I think he’s slotted in perfectly. Done a great job in 2020

Having a coach who believes in him has helped him significantly. He's shaping as a 200+ game KPD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked like Hawkins was having a good chat to him post game. Look to almost be a bit of mentoring going on. Was quite nice to see

I was just about to mention the same thing. Hawkins is not a bad bloke, except when he plays against us and it is nice to see that sort of conversation after the game.

I think Ben acquitted himself well tonight and maybe that was what Hawkins was saying to him. He is starting to show and believe himself that he belongs in the big league and we just might have found a long term defender.

Looked like Hawkins was having a good chat to him post game. Look to almost be a bit of mentoring going on. Was quite nice to see

Except when they interviewed Hawkins after the game he said something about talking to his opponent about something, but clearly had no idea what his opponent’s name was

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Except when they interviewed Hawkins after the game he said something about talking to his opponent about something, but clearly had no idea what his opponent’s name was

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tom also couldn't figure out how much the Cats won by while looking at the scoreboard. I'd suggest he's a few ingredients short of a meal

TH: “hey Ben, great to see you finally getting a run after being tucked away in the 2’s for the last millennium. You know we need a replacement for Harry Taylor next year?..”
BM: “yeah really Tomahawk?..”
TH: “absolutely BMac, we’ll throw the Roos a late 4th rounder and they’ll take the cheese..”
BM: “you reckon?..”
TH: “trust me mate, see you next year”
BM: “oh, ok Tomahawk see you then brother..”

I also noticed he patted McKay on the back a few times after some tough contests when they ended up on the ground. It did seem like he was giving him some advice or mentoring after the game to me too

TH: “hey Ben, great to see you finally getting a run after being tucked away in the 2’s for the last millennium. You know we need a replacement for Harry Taylor next year?..”
BM: “yeah really Tomahawk?..”
TH: “absolutely BMac, we’ll throw the Roos a late 4th rounder and they’ll take the cheese..”
BM: “you reckon?..”
TH: “trust me mate, see you next year”
BM: “oh, ok Tomahawk see you then brother..”

Nearest the pin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back