Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

So they're on the same page...
44424956_382072585667651_101066986930048237_n.jpg

He's an absolute specimen, destroyed the VFL last year.

Big test on Scott's biggest weakness tbh (integrating young players at the expense of his older favorites)

The coaching staff are a joke if they don't attempt to build the backline around this bloke.

He's an absolute specimen, destroyed the VFL last year.

Big test on Scott's biggest weakness tbh (integrating young players at the expense of his older favorites)

The coaching staff are a joke if they don't attempt to build the backline around this bloke.

I doubt I have ever been more in agreement with you.

He's further advanced than Tarrant at the same age.

Just turning 20?

Could be absolutely anything. Looking forward to seeing him establish himself next year. Is young enough to have a long career at both ends of the ground.

Thompson, although technically I suspect he would be in effect replacing Tarrant who would cover more of Thompson's traditional role. I think we're phasing out Thommo this year (which is not to say I don't think he'll play plenty if fit, more that the role he was in will be changing more and more) and the main reason we kept him is cover due to Waite's retirement. If we need Daw up forward things get shallow very quickly down back.

The same thing was being said about spud firrito about 4 years before he was forced to retire.
Hope we give big buckets the first month in the team - form permitting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on last years performances in the vfl and the natural improvement and the obvious work Benny has done in the off season he is a must. Could be as a forward or back but needs to play to be build hisconfidence.
There’s a good crew building

There is a big gaping unknown in our spine at present.

I don’t care tht he hasn’t trained at CHF for 12 months I want him starting there in round 1.

If he gets his confidence up there isn’t a backline in the comp that could deal with 2x200cm, agile, contested marking workhorses. (Brown & Mckay)

There is a big gaping unknown in our spine at present.

I don’t care tht he hasn’t trained at CHF for 12 months I want him starting there in round 1.

If he gets his confidence up there isn’t a backline in the comp that could deal with 2x200cm, agile, contested marking workhorses. (Brown & Mckay)
Not legally anyway. Not that umps care.

It will be interesting to see how they utilise him,

And where his best position for the sake of our structure is.

We could build a core backline around him, EVW and Murphy in the future.

However, does he fit that spot at chf?? Does a player of his athleticism and size ultimately offer us more towering over packs in the attacking end of the ground rather than chopping of attacks at the other?

I think for the side, you ease him in at chb and mould him, let him become a solid defender. Somehow I feel like his output and ceiling will be higher and more bendeficial at CHF though

Photos don't do the kid justice, standing next to the bloke he is an absolute unit. He'll be rivalling Tarrant soon.

He'd be a similar size now mate.

Remembering Buckets is almost 2" taller than Tarrant.

He will be bigger than Taz at the same age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back