Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Mckay is in a lot of bother, watching at training he just looks like he's walking around not knowing whats going on. Obviously my own opinion. Spotted him doing catching skills this wednesday with a tennis ball. 100% dont see him pushing for a senior spot anytime soon unless something drastic changes. Pretty sure he hasnt done a lot of skills work with the main group either.
That was my worry watching him this year. Zero intensity

Mckay is in a lot of bother, watching at training he just looks like he's walking around not knowing whats going on. Obviously my own opinion. Spotted him doing catching skills this wednesday with a tennis ball. 100% dont see him pushing for a senior spot anytime soon unless something drastic changes. Pretty sure he hasnt done a lot of skills work with the main group either.

We are blessed with an assembly line of instant experts who pop out of nowhere.

Tarrant had 4 shoulder reconstructions as well as various leg injuries in his first 5 years. I’m not riding McKay off, but that is an absurd comparison.

Read this carefully................I don't give two *s about your opinion.

Please utilize this fact in order to save us both time in future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just looks lost. On the field, training in the gym... walking around Barkly square. The kid needs to snap out of this aloof mindset and take the game on like Jed '18 did, Simpkin, Durdin and Pittard did this year

In fairness everyone looks lost walking around barkley square.

Read this carefully................I don't give two fu**s about your opinion.

Please utilize this fact in order to save us both time in future.

Lol let’s compare McKay to the bloke who was in hospital more than he was at the club.

Chin up mate we all have a mare from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lol let’s compare McKay to the bloke who was in hospital more than he was at the club.

Chin up mate we all have a mare from time to time.

Please stop wasting my time and go away.

Please stop wasting my time and go away.

You live on big footy, I don’t think wasting your time is an issue. Sorry you were probably in the middle of starting another s**t thread.

Here is a hot tip.... Why don’t you come up with a constructive response occasionally rather than having a hissy fit resembling a 3 year old. Last I checked it’s a forum where people are free to give opinions and call people out.

You live on big footy, I don’t think wasting your time is an issue. Sorry you were probably in the middle of starting another s**t thread.

Here is a hot tip.... Why don’t you come up with a constructive response occasionally rather than having a hissy fit resembling a 3 year old. Last I checked it’s a forum where people are free to give opinions and call people out.

It’s his typical response when it’s pointed out his post is full of shyte.

He attacks the person and not the info. It’s his way of saying, yeah I was stupid.

You're right, he's wrong. Stop wasting my time having to intervene ;)

Ignore. Bye.

I can't stand alt. account w***ers.

Tarrant when he was on the park as a junior was quite dominant, you could see from his junior years that he had huge upside if he could get his body right. He was always going to be a regular AFL footballer if he could sort out his shoulder issues.

McKay isn’t cut from the same cloth. He wasn’t really THAT committed in his under age years and really only come on in the last 8 weeks of his under 18 season. In regards to his development he was always a long way behind his brother.

I have concerns with him for the same reasons I have concerns with Durdin, the two of them just don’t have the intensity or killer instinct. They also don’t have particularly good football IQ. They often getting caught out of position and make poor decisions with ball in hand.

McKay is a physical specimen but he had a long long way to go in his development before he’ll be a competent AFL footballer.

He wasn’t really THAT committed in his under age years and really only come on in the last 8 weeks of his under 18 season. In regards to his development he was always a long way behind his brother.
That has always been my biggest concern. You have to be all in at this level. The 'will I or won't I' stuff in the juniors is a red flag. All the tools but it means little if he isn't switched on.

I think Durdin has good footballing IQ but it's the intensity that lets him down. For example, one of the games this year he came in and half-arsed a third man up spoil. Instead of fisting it into Row Z it meekly came off the back of his hand and the opposition scored a goal.

I think he's going to try and read the ball and out position you vs. body you off of it.

I hope Shaw gets the best out of both because 1) we need them 2) a lot of time and effort has been put into them 3) they would be a good tandem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back