Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Solid. The one effort when he didn't position in front of Lycettt which resulted in a mark & goal was a howler, otherwise he is battling manfully in a very undersized defence.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
He defends fine, he doesn't dispose well. He's played two games as the main key defender though after playing one other senior game two years ago. Will look much better with Tarrant at his side.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Anyone who saw him in the VFL knows he can play. He just needs to settle and keep it simple.

He needs another true KPP in there with him.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
2nd tall and Thommo in that floating/intercept role.

Yep.

Thommo is not an absolute KPF defender. He's much better suited to the tweeners.

I mean, by SBG's logic why would Majak play with Taz and Thommo in the side?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yes - Daw's role for sure - but is he that type of player? I would have thought that Wright would be much better equipped for that. Playing BMAc, Taz and Thommo in the same team seems a bit too much.

Can he take intercept marks?

They call him "buckets" for a reason mate.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Last year he was the greatest thing since sliced bread and now after 2 poor JLT games ppl are giving up on him. Seriously?
Unbelievable. 1 quarter of senior football and the pitchforks are out. He wasn't even that bad in the last JLT....Probably the same posters that were howling about him not being played last year. He isn't being played sky is falling. He is playing but has one bad JLT game. Sky is falling. I pray he doesn't read this thread.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Can he take intercept marks?

They call him "buckets" for a reason mate.
Yep - they may call him that but I have seen Wright take ..you know ..intercept marks (when it counts) - with BMac I can see the potential but with Thommo and Taz in the team it seems way too immobile for mine to have BMac there as well.

Back