Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid. The one effort when he didn't position in front of Lycettt which resulted in a mark & goal was a howler, otherwise he is battling manfully in a very undersized defence.

Blues McKay looked off pace all of last season. Big guys take time. Put the pitchforks away.

Learn to identify and ignore supercoach analysts.

He defends fine, he doesn't dispose well. He's played two games as the main key defender though after playing one other senior game two years ago. Will look much better with Tarrant at his side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who saw him in the VFL knows he can play. He just needs to settle and keep it simple.

He needs another true KPP in there with him.

2nd tall and Thommo in that floating/intercept role.

Yep.

Thommo is not an absolute KPF defender. He's much better suited to the tweeners.

I mean, by SBG's logic why would Majak play with Taz and Thommo in the side?

Yes - Daw's role for sure - but is he that type of player? I would have thought that Wright would be much better equipped for that. Playing BMAc, Taz and Thommo in the same team seems a bit too much.

Can he take intercept marks?

They call him "buckets" for a reason mate.

Last year he was the greatest thing since sliced bread and now after 2 poor JLT games ppl are giving up on him. Seriously?
Unbelievable. 1 quarter of senior football and the pitchforks are out. He wasn't even that bad in the last JLT....Probably the same posters that were howling about him not being played last year. He isn't being played sky is falling. He is playing but has one bad JLT game. Sky is falling. I pray he doesn't read this thread.

Can he take intercept marks?

They call him "buckets" for a reason mate.
Yep - they may call him that but I have seen Wright take ..you know ..intercept marks (when it counts) - with BMac I can see the potential but with Thommo and Taz in the team it seems way too immobile for mine to have BMac there as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back