Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be dropping him irrespective of circumstances. Even with Daw & Larkey available - which seems unlikely.

I'd prefer not to but I don't know if he'd even have a player to go to... more likely Taz plays on McKay IMO. And if Larkey plays Walker probably goes back.

Mods, please amend the thread title to Ben McKay - "I might have gone too early on him": No. 3,782"

Thanks.:thumbsu:

Here's a tip for the IMHGTEOH posse. It's probably better to just shut up until you have an actual clue. Cheers. :thumbsu:

Mods, please amend the thread title to Ben McKay - "I might have gone too early on him": No. 3,782"

Thanks.:thumbsu:

Here's a tip for the IMHGTEOH posse. It's probably better to just shut up until you have an actual clue. Cheers. :thumbsu:

Iā€™ll cop that based on his game last week.

And am happy to do so if there is hope for him to make it.

Iā€™ll cop that based on his game last week.

And am happy to do so if there is hope for him to make it.

You're far from the worst.

I just don't get why people continually write off committed players based upon little more than a lack of a senior appearance, sustained run of injury, or some resident bullshit artist who cons everyone in to thinking they have "the mail".

It really is soft, weak, whiny bullshit.

If Casboult is out and Larkey is in then Ben may well be dropped through circumstance unfortunately.

I'd happily keep him in regardless.

Macmillan can go (Pittard even if he keeps declining) - he is far worse defensively and not the future. (and no not trying to bash him)

I get your point if challenging, but we're not so to me it's 2021 focus - he deserves it too.

I'd happily keep him in regardless.

Macmillan can go (Pittard even if he keeps declining) - he is far worse defensively and not the future. (and no not trying to bash him)

I get your point if challenging, but we're not so to me it's 2021 focus - he deserves it too.

I meant more it's supposed to be torrential and they don't have that tall a forward line but it looks like he'll get the chance to go again which is great for him.

I meant more it's supposed to be torrential and they don't have that tall a forward line but it looks like he'll get the chance to go again which is great for him.

Yep sorry I missed the torrential part. May be right then but I hope McKay plays anyway.

Knowing us we might even bring in Campbell then? (jokes, I reckon Campbell a top clubman just on baffling selections prior)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big step forward today, now looks like he has confidence. In past games he looked tentative, moved the ball backwards/sideways only when kicking, and only took safe handballs.

All that's missing is the bucket hands in marking contests, once he has that going we'll know he's settled in 100% but for now he's gone from a 50% to a 60-75% level of comfort in the game.

Happy for the kid. Gets a chance and takes it.
Based on today and our season, he gets to play the season out if fit.

I actually think his positioning in the contest is where he has come on in leaps and bounds.

Tarrant, Walked and McKay destroyed their opponents today.

The best thing with Walker is that you can also swing him forward if we come up against a shorter forward line.

We need to persist with Ben now. He belongs. Two really solid games in a row after a long time out of the senior team. 22 years old, 201cm close to 100kg, aggressive, can take a grab, seems to make good choices too. Allows walker to play a bit like scooter did, only question is does Maj play that role better or stick with Walker?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back