Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
We need to persist with Ben now. He belongs. Two really solid games in a row after a long time out of the senior team. 22 years old, 201cm close to 100kg, aggressive, can take a grab, seems to make good choices too. Allows walker to play a bit like scooter did, only question is does Maj play that role better or stick with Walker?

I’d stick with Walker for now. Maj can play forward in the 3 headed monster.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We need to persist with Ben now. He belongs. Two really solid games in a row after a long time out of the senior team. 22 years old, 201cm close to 100kg, aggressive, can take a grab, seems to make good choices too. Allows walker to play a bit like scooter did, only question is does Maj play that role better or stick with Walker?
Walker goes forward with Larkey, Brown has a spell.
Taz and Bmac back, Maj starting back with stints swinging forward.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Has improved his field kicking.

Doing all the basics very well. Let him play the year out, Walker takes the next best forward, frees up Tarrant to play Scooters old role.

The issue basically consists of a single match vs Freo when the coach went insane.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thank god for injuries...

We have a good young KPD that was rotting away who now will gets a good run of games under his belt and a really strong platform to have a big preseason next year and continue to develop and grow. Absolutely critical to our future for this guy to play alongside Tarrant for a couple years.

sruss

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was just one thing, but at one stage today when we were trying to exit defensive 50 and Ben had the ball right up on the boundary. Instead of banging long down the line, he drew the man on the mark in and dished a good handball out to release someone off for a gallop and an easy exit for us. Just so refreshing to do something different and competent off half back for a change

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was just one thing, but at one stage today when we were trying to exit defensive 50 and Ben had the ball right up on the boundary. Instead of banging long down the line, he drew the man on the mark in and dished a good handball out to release someone off for a gallop and an easy exit for us. Just so refreshing to do something different and competent off half back for a change
Saw this happen quite a few times. We didn't want to give it back as easily.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I had concerns over his decision making but has barely put a foot (or fist) wrong the last 2 weeks. Great signs!

I think there is a really important point of difference with “decision making” due to ability versus experience.

Bringing young blokes like Hayden and McKay in for the odd 1 game before being dropped the next week and then critising their decision making, is ridiculous. Tarrant had equally questionable decision making in his first few games/season as a defender. They need time to adapt.

It’s very different to a guy like Marley or Jamie who have played hundreds of AFL level games.

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Pretty sweet gig playing in defense with Taz and Walker there. Remember the days when we dreaded the high ball coming into defense, now we have 3 blokes who are capable of handling it. $ if you add Maj.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How good was that? I'll say past coaching admin didn't rate him. But I could be wrong or 5 games in 5 years may say I'm correct.

Thank * they've gone. Was really impressed with him today. Thought he showed good composure, although he was turned inside out again. But all in all a bloody good game. So happy for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How good was that? I'll say past coaching admin didn't rate him. But I could be wrong or 5 games in 5 years may say I'm correct.

Thank fu** they've gone. Was really impressed with him today. Thought he showed good composure, although he was turned inside out again. But all in all a bloody good game. So happy for him.

Is he like 2m tall, that's insane for a key back but as long as we can get him to be servicable, that's a winner.

Larkey back and already 2 goals, him and walker to the forward line, let brown rest for a few weeks to calm down a little.

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Thank fu** they've gone. Was really impressed with him today. Thought he showed good composure, although he was turned inside out again. But all in all a bloody good game. So happy for him.
Not sure that was the case plenty of injuries and just not ready for senior footy at the time. Looks like he has matured mentally and physically. Now we can reap the rewards.

Back