Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I've been licking my chops at the prospect of McKay vs McKay for years, and now that the two brothers are surging in their game-day quality the eventual matchup is gonna be one hell of an entertaining game.

Can't wait to play the Blues this year, not only is it winnable, it's got a nice story to it.

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A while back I said that Ben had to become either an elite stopper or an elite interceptor to make up for his complete lack of offensive game. I wasn't sure that he had it in him and boy ******* howdy was I wrong. In fact, he's become both! What I love, too, is that he's so much smarter with the footy now. He understands his limitations and he's not trying to kick 30 meter darts up the eye-diddle-diddle. I'm sorry for ever thinking that Sam Durdin was the one we should have persisted with over you, Ben. I'm an idiot sandwich.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We will get corr back soon, key defensive posts are more or less covered.

In terms of key forward, can xerri play a part in the forward structure and then ruck 20%? Surely, he has the fitness to do that.

I know it’s not a big deal but I wanna see if any journo has a brain to put him in their team of the week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He would perfect to transition into a forward. But we don’t have cattle atm

Hope he signs with us, but he will get some lucrative offers at the end of the year
I know we are crying out for a big, aggressive forward but Ben is just so good down back, a bit like Darcy Moore effect at Colliwobbles, just leave him there.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know we are crying out for a big, aggressive forward but Ben is just so good down back, a bit like Darcy Moore effect at Colliwobbles, just leave him there.

I think if we had a healthy backline, our forward line is our biggest issue (and of course the inside 50 delivery) so maybe he can swing positions

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He would perfect to transition into a forward. But we don’t have cattle atm

Hope he signs with us, but he will get some lucrative offers at the end of the year

He will get some big offers. But

1: no one will be able to offer more than us

2: given his importance to our side, we would have to play hardball if he asked for a trade. Pay through the nose or we just re-draft him in the preseason draft on his nominated terms.

He will get some big offers. But

1: no one will be able to offer more than us

2: given his importance to our side, we would have to play hardball if he asked for a trade. Pay through the nose or we just re-draft him in the preseason draft on his nominated terms.

If we lost this guy after spending years offering big money to pipedream recruits I'd have a truck full of manure delivered to Arden St.

depends on the required application - horse? Cow? chicken is nitrogen rich, good for legumes

I'll send them a split load of all three and some gloves that can put on to mix it with.

it'd be woeful list management.

Back