Player Watch #23 Bernie Vince - Retired - Thanks Bernie

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be leading out B&F count, will make the AA squad if he maintains his form, and might give the Brownlow a serious shake-up. Has played at least three likely 3 vote games v Bulldogs, St Kilda, and Geelong. Could get votes for 34 touches, 7 clearances v Collingwood, plus his job on Dangerfield. And his current form is hot. Don't expect him to slow down.

Always loved watching Vince play because he is the prototype midfielder. Can clunk them, can win his own ball, kicks goals, and kicks well on both feet. But he's gone to another level this year. He destroyed Armitage last week. Such a good player to watch play for your team.

One of those blokes who's just about as talented as a footballer can be. Reckon of the 5 or 10 best individual MFC player performances of the past 10 years Vince would rank more than once.

I knew he was talented, but I didn't know he could reach this level of absolute dominance.

I also didn't know he was so brilliant at the tough, inside stuff - clearances, tackles etc.

Seriously, are there any other players in the comp who can curtail opponents' impact and rack up 37-odd possies each week?

Would have said Kane Cornes earlier in the year. Bernie is in ripping form. Our best trade since...? Loved his left foot drop punt that split the middle from 50.

That kick on his non preferred is underrated , wouldn't be 20 other blokes in the AFL that could do that especially at that clutch moment

Think at adelaide he was one of those blokes who drifted in an out of the game a little but under Roos he seems to be as motivated to help the TEAM as ever

Who ever above me that says his performances rank in the top 10 of melbourne for the decade was spot on
Remember his game against North last year? 40+ disposals and 3 goals ... Sylviaesque

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first three minutes are, for whatever reason, from 2013 but yes the boy is a freak. So good on both feet that it's easy to forget he's a right footer. Would be one of the absolute best in the comp if he'd worked harder early days. Adelaide would love to have him back now Dangerfield's gone (I'd forgotten how good that Dangerfield assignment was, also).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back