Past #23 Buddy Franklin - Thanks Buddy

How long will Buddy play for Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy-Franklin-has-hit-300-games.-Photo-via-Fox-Footys-Facebook-page..jpg

Lance Franklin
Lance Franklin is a giant of the game. The star Sydney Swans forward has played 300 AFL games, won two premierships with Hawthorn, is the seventh-greatest goal-kicker in VFL/AFL history, is one of just five men with eight All Australian blazers and is the most recent player to have kicked 100 goals in a season. The Western Australian is also one of just two players in the game’s history, along with former Swan and Saint Tony Lockett, to have booted 300 goals for two clubs. Franklin was added to a leadership group for the first time in his career ahead of season 2020, joining co-captains Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe, as well as Callum Mills. But the 33-year-old, who was named captain of the 2018 All Australian team, has long been considered an exceptional unofficial leader, so great is his impact on Will Hayward, Nick Blakey, Ben Ronke and the rest of Sydney’s young forwards.

Lance Franklin
DOB: 30 January 1987
DEBUT: 2005
DRAFT: #5, 2004 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Dowerin (WA)/Perth (WAFL)/Hawthorn

Last edited by a moderator:

You can't suspend fresh air shots, no matter how much you want to sanatize things.
Fresh air shots? All 4 cases (Buddy's and the 3 we used as evidence) the player swung an elbow back and connected with a player. Not trying to handball the ball out and someone's face got in the way of the back swing.

That's not wanting to sanitize things. That's stopping players from deliberately trying to hurt people

Fresh air shots? All 4 cases (Buddy's and the 3 we used as evidence) the player swung an elbow back and connected with a player. Not trying to handball the ball out and someone's face got in the way of the back swing.

That's not wanting to sanitize things. That's stopping players from deliberately trying to hurt people
I was referring to your suggestion that all swings of the elbow get 2 weeks.

I was referring to your suggestion that all swings of the elbow get 2 weeks.
I think it was obvious that there is a difference between a swing of an elbow looking to hurt and one in the actual play

Thanks for clarifying SwansProudly.

I thought there was some sad news for Jesinta Franklin.

Indeed it would have been bitterly disappointed for Jess Fox to come so agonisingly close to Gold after so many years of commitment and training.
Sorry to confuse you Skep

Sorry to confuse you Skep

All good Bedders. I hadn't had a chance to update on Olympics results since putting the kids to sleep.

Was thrilled to see Buddy and Swans successfully downgraded the tribunal charges leaving him the opportunity to do against Essendon what only Buddy can do. Thrill and entertain Swans and all neutral AFL fans alike on a Saturday night.

Hopefully this weekend will prove a sporting masterclass with Aussies in Tokyo and Buddy all leading from the front.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF is Garry Lyon on about, who punched someone in the head and wrote a check, what incident is he referring to?

He's saying if the tribunal is going to assess things under a particular level of force and outcome as fines not suspensions, players could essentially go into games knowing what level of head high contact they can get away with.

He's not wrong.

He's saying if the tribunal is going to assess things under a particular level of force and outcome as fines not suspensions, players could essentially go into games knowing what level of head high contact they can get away with.

He's not wrong.
His example is ridiculous though. I don't recall anyone punching someone in the head and getting a fine? The elbow incidents are very different to a punch in the head if you ask me. There would be very little wriggle room for a "punch in the head" as he puts it, intent alone would be a differentiator hard to argue.

His example is ridiculous though. I don't recall anyone punching someone in the head and getting a fine? The elbow incidents are very different to a punch in the head if you ask me. There would be very little wriggle room for a "punch in the head" as he puts it, intent alone would be a differentiator hard to argue.

Plenty of jumper punches that have had head high contact have been fines which is likely what he's referring to.

Plenty of jumper punches that have had head high contact have been fines which is likely what he's referring to.
His remarks were ridiculous in the context,he should have said jumper punches which would make more sense

His remarks were ridiculous in the context,he should have said jumper punches which would make more sense

His comment was in the context of head high contact drawing a fine from the MRP and players being able to go into games knowing that if they're going to forgo cash they could get away with something like that. Was perfectly fine.

Don't think he's going to do it this year, save it for first home game next year.
Would love for Lance to kick #1000 in front of Sydney fans but then again, in a final, ... in GF?

Back