Past #23 Buddy Franklin - Thanks Buddy

How long will Buddy play for Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy-Franklin-has-hit-300-games.-Photo-via-Fox-Footys-Facebook-page..jpg

Lance Franklin
Lance Franklin is a giant of the game. The star Sydney Swans forward has played 300 AFL games, won two premierships with Hawthorn, is the seventh-greatest goal-kicker in VFL/AFL history, is one of just five men with eight All Australian blazers and is the most recent player to have kicked 100 goals in a season. The Western Australian is also one of just two players in the game’s history, along with former Swan and Saint Tony Lockett, to have booted 300 goals for two clubs. Franklin was added to a leadership group for the first time in his career ahead of season 2020, joining co-captains Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe, as well as Callum Mills. But the 33-year-old, who was named captain of the 2018 All Australian team, has long been considered an exceptional unofficial leader, so great is his impact on Will Hayward, Nick Blakey, Ben Ronke and the rest of Sydney’s young forwards.

Lance Franklin
DOB: 30 January 1987
DEBUT: 2005
DRAFT: #5, 2004 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Dowerin (WA)/Perth (WAFL)/Hawthorn

Last edited by a moderator:

I love that we have Buddy but I've said it before. If you want to go down the path of blaming certain players for losing another player then you start with the one taking over 10% of our cap.

Serious?

defended tippett though all these years

But I don't blame anyone.
Just saying that if anyone wants to go there then you blame the big money player.

True you do love everyswan i will give you that

You also have a point to a degree, but it would depend how much buddy demanded big money

We're an average side without Franklin. But we made the right call to sign him, even after factoring in the cost. Every team needs a match winner and without him we don't really have one, as we have seen. I still reckon the players lift when he plays, I mean if you had Buddy Franklin on your team wouldn't you? The truly great players have the ability to elevate those around them.

We're an average side without Franklin. But we made the right call to sign him, even after factoring in the cost. Every team needs a match winner and without him we don't really have one, as we have seen. I still reckon the players lift when he plays, I mean if you had Buddy Franklin on your team wouldn't you? The truly great players have the ability to elevate those around them.
He is arguably the greates thing to happen to this club..id hate to imagine where would have been if he didint sign with is in 2014...definately wouldnt have played finals

He should go into construction he is fantastic at covering the cracks up

Also missing our FF and CHB. The club is suffering because we have no structures. It’s not limited to just Franklin.

Totally agree, but if he has not trained since the round 1 game, (and a light run on Friday) should we really play Lance on Friday night?

Seems strange that he can play for 5 weeks with it then all of a sudden misses 3 +

Makes sense with it getting progressively worse each week he plays..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing like learning to play & hence winning without him. 1 & 1 thus far.
Perfect scenario to go small this game.
Bombing it long may do the trick this week as the defenders won't pick it off as easily in the wet.

Buddy out according to Horse

Hopefully he hasn't injured his palantier falacieator. I believe that's the correct medical term.

Wouldn't bother risking him in s**t weather conditions anyway.

Haha. It probably isn't. I looked it up to find out what you meant and got this:

upload_2018-5-10_20-17-25.png

Then when I clicked the "did you mean" link and it gave me a list of crafty things on etsy and pinterest!!!

Back