Past #23 Buddy Franklin - Thanks Buddy

How long will Buddy play for Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy-Franklin-has-hit-300-games.-Photo-via-Fox-Footys-Facebook-page..jpg

Lance Franklin
Lance Franklin is a giant of the game. The star Sydney Swans forward has played 300 AFL games, won two premierships with Hawthorn, is the seventh-greatest goal-kicker in VFL/AFL history, is one of just five men with eight All Australian blazers and is the most recent player to have kicked 100 goals in a season. The Western Australian is also one of just two players in the game’s history, along with former Swan and Saint Tony Lockett, to have booted 300 goals for two clubs. Franklin was added to a leadership group for the first time in his career ahead of season 2020, joining co-captains Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe, as well as Callum Mills. But the 33-year-old, who was named captain of the 2018 All Australian team, has long been considered an exceptional unofficial leader, so great is his impact on Will Hayward, Nick Blakey, Ben Ronke and the rest of Sydney’s young forwards.

Lance Franklin
DOB: 30 January 1987
DEBUT: 2005
DRAFT: #5, 2004 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Dowerin (WA)/Perth (WAFL)/Hawthorn

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Brown kicked 0.1 against the crows.

Current coleman standings

J. Riewoldt 60
B. Brown 58
L. Franklin 57

(I don't think we have a chance at the flag, so I'm hoping for buddy to get some individual glory).

C'mon. That is crazy talk usually only engaged in by #lolNorf fans. Buddy plays up the ground and averages more goals per game than the other two. More importantly we are still in the Finals and have a shot.

Im not allowed in the research library

We'd be willing to grant you a 7-day pass to complete this assignment. As Kirkswan said you can hand in your research report next week.

It's a privledge to watch this bloke running around for the swans, one I'll never forget.
He'll certainly be the type of player that people in 50 years will ask "What was it like to watch him play?" Moreso than anyone else that has played for the Swans in my memory as a support (since the mid-90s).

He'll certainly be the type of player that people in 50 years will ask "What was it like to watch him play?" Moreso than anyone else that has played for the Swans in my memory as a support (since the mid-90s).
He does things that no one else is capable of. We've been very lucky to have had guys like Kelly, Plugger and Goodes play for us, even Capper but Buddy is Buddy. I've been a swans supporter since the re location as a 10 year old (Sydney born and raised) and not old enough to have seen Skilton, Bedford etc play so can't compare.

Going to back him in massively against the hawks.

He'll kick 15

The one time I've managed to see buddy live he kicked 0 goals against the hawks :(

Buddy is one of the best clutch athletes I've seen. His name belongs with the LeBron's and Serena's of the world. If the AFL wants to market our game internationally they should just show Buddy highlights reels. Reckon that'd be more engaging for the Chinese than a Port and Gold Coast match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d put buddy ahead of Carey , I rate Carey, but think over time he is remembered as better and better than he was

Different skill sets really. Carey was one on one strength and marking. Buddy is a freak with the ball in hand and when it hits the ground. I would rate Buddy higher

Yeah I forgot, Carey was good in toilet cubicles too. o_O

Back