Past #23 Buddy Franklin - Thanks Buddy

How long will Buddy play for Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy-Franklin-has-hit-300-games.-Photo-via-Fox-Footys-Facebook-page..jpg

Lance Franklin
Lance Franklin is a giant of the game. The star Sydney Swans forward has played 300 AFL games, won two premierships with Hawthorn, is the seventh-greatest goal-kicker in VFL/AFL history, is one of just five men with eight All Australian blazers and is the most recent player to have kicked 100 goals in a season. The Western Australian is also one of just two players in the game’s history, along with former Swan and Saint Tony Lockett, to have booted 300 goals for two clubs. Franklin was added to a leadership group for the first time in his career ahead of season 2020, joining co-captains Josh Kennedy, Luke Parker and Dane Rampe, as well as Callum Mills. But the 33-year-old, who was named captain of the 2018 All Australian team, has long been considered an exceptional unofficial leader, so great is his impact on Will Hayward, Nick Blakey, Ben Ronke and the rest of Sydney’s young forwards.

Lance Franklin
DOB: 30 January 1987
DEBUT: 2005
DRAFT: #5, 2004 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Dowerin (WA)/Perth (WAFL)/Hawthorn

Last edited by a moderator:

He has put on weight but not from drugs , should be eating brown rice instead of white rice that's all. Have not watched since the loss 360 or OTC , are we still s**t and is buddy finished , they still talking about us

Funnily enough Punts Tom Harley has said a lot of people are going to have egg on their faces come September re the Swans and Buddy. Lets hope he is right.

Lol the media have completely manufactured these issues and are now talking about them as if there are real problems.

Brilliant.
This is absolutely bizarre. None of them have been able to identify a single incident or ongoing yet it's being hotly debated. The best they've gotten is a "whisper" from Buzz Rothfield of all people.

I am itching to see him kick a bag of 4-5 goals for us. When he started with that trademark goal against GWS I thought he'd have a big night.

It'll truly sink in when he plays a blinder for us.

And today's Buddy Roundup!!!

Lance Franklin Hits Out At Sydney Rumour Mill

There is a wistfulness beneath Lance Franklin’s infectious positive spirit. “I haven’t really seen too much of Sydney,” he says, laughing as he leans forward. “I look forward to seeing a little bit more of it.”

Then, still giggling boyishly, he adds: “I actually haven’t really left my house. And, when I do, it’s bloody tough. It is what it is.”

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...out-at-sydney-rumour-mill-20140327-zqnlx.html

Buddy Leaving Hawks was hardest day of my life

Lance Franklin has described his departure from Hawthorn as the hardest period of his life.

While an extraordinary nine-year contract with Sydney guaranteed the AFL’s superstar forward enduring riches, Franklin has revealed that the $10million deal that enticed him from the Hawks did not translate into instant happiness.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...e-hardest-time-of-my-life-20140327-zqnpn.html

Lance Franking will be a raging success for the Swans. Say's Jude Bolton

I remember speaking to one of the senior Hawthorn players after the announcement that sent shockwaves through the industry last year about his move to the Swans. I asked "what is he actually like? Would he fit in?" I clearly remember how the player replied: "Be prepared for it. He is bigger than the game!'"

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...s-in-afl-says-jude-bolton-20140327-zqnmu.html

The Paper's need to get over it

OVERPAID, overrated, over the hill – less than six months into his nine-year contract with the Sydney Swans, Lance Franklin has already heard it all.

What the superstar key forward hasn't revealed until now, however, is his surprise at the level of scrutiny he's faced at his new club and the toll it can take on himself and those around him.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-27/the-papers-need-to-get-over-it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little glimpse of the Buddy interview coming up on Channel 7 sport
Gary Lyon has also wrote a piece in the Age on Buddy , backing the Swans etc etc
Buddy is a great fit for us. He has generated huge headlines practically every day he has been at Sydney. Publicity is manic. Membership is at record levels. Goodes and a few other champions are in their twilight and we needed a new star to help us compete in a crowded Sydney sports market. He didnt sign a nine year deal at $10M he signed a 6 year deal at $1.5M per season. He will be worth every cent.

On the pre game show tonight, Eddie McGuire almost......almost stuck up for buddy tonight. They were having a dig at buddy for being at the beach with two attractive girls and Eddie piped up and said he's allowed to go to the beach and the media are taking it too far.

Not exactly a praise for buddy but it's as close as anyone in the Victorian media have gotten to being on his side

Where did you hear this? Did I miss something?

The club have said the only reason the deal is 9 years is because that's the only way they could afford to match GWS' 6 year offer. I don't think the club expect him to be around in 9 years.

36k members....season alive...ROK rumours essentially baseless....Hannas story non event....re-signings continuing at record pace...

Yep just another muted under the radar start for a typical season at the Swans. Haha

The article takes HS sports journalism to a new low, just look at who's stats he is comparing to support his argument:

Shaw - ACL in round 22
Rohan - 1st season back from broken leg
Mitchell - 1st full season
Jack - ditto
Jetta - barely played at the end of last season due to injury

He also mentions, at the very END of his article, that injuries could account for the statistical drop off but only mentions Goodes and Jetta, not Reid, Tippett, Mitchell, AJ, Shaw and others.

You think any reasonable journo might just think that because of these injuries we couldn't rest players so they naturally tired at seasons end.

What a joke of a "professional".

The article takes HS sports journalism to a new low, just look at who's stats he is comparing to support his argument:

Shaw - ACL in round 22
Rohan - 1st season back from broken leg
Mitchell - 1st full season
Jack - ditto
Jetta - barely played at the end of last season due to injury

He also mentions, at the very END of his article, that injuries could account for the statistical drop off but only mentions Goodes and Jetta, not Reid, Tippett, Mitchell, AJ, Shaw and others.

You think any reasonable journo might just think that because of these injuries we couldn't rest players so they naturally tired at seasons end.

What a joke of a "professional".

I have asked the question many times regarding the likes of imbeciles like Robbo and Ralph where they acquired their degrees in journalisim.

Clearly that silly little fat fool Robinson graduated from The University Of Bendigo.

Speaks volumes really.:rolleyes:

Back