How long will Buddy play for Sydney?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heeney2Franklin

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Buddy looked frustrated at times, more so than usual.

He was turning to complain to the Umps on every tussle, a couple of times he was more focused in spreading his arms and asking for a free than getting the ball back.
Its obvious he knows his body isnt capable of doing what it could before, poor bugger looks only to be able to run in straight lines any lateral turning you can see how much the surgeries have effected him :(

AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Exers
Moderator #1,708
Roughy had cancer tho so probably the treatments reduced his longevity? Franklin the poor bugger has had surgeries in every part of his body.
Same draft as Roughead (cooked), Griffen (cooked/retired), Monfries (cooked/retired), Van Berlo (retired), LeCras (retired), Cloke (retired)

He's in the last group standing with guys like Deledio, Lynden Dunn, and Jordan Lewis who don't get on the field much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kickthething

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
you are kidding, right?
I think worse case he will still be an effective player even if he declines

last night was serviceable
Whilst he commends the attention of the best defenders, he should always have a role as it has others getting lesser defenders. He still has the kick, last night showed that. I still think he is umpired differently to other forwards and is allowed to be man handled by defenders with no real protection from the umps. He has enough smarts to remain an important part of the team right now and for a few more years I think. When the team plays to his strengths, he never really looks injured. But as soon as soon as hesitant kicks forward happen, his advantage is usually gone.

It can be more how he is used, the more we can spread the forward entries the better for Bud and everyone. Thats where defences really start to struggle.

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Whilst he commends the attention of the best defenders, he should always have a role as it has others getting lesser defenders. He still has the kick, last night showed that. I still think he is umpired differently to other forwards and is allowed to be man handled by defenders with no real protection from the umps. He has enough smarts to remain an important part of the team right now and for a few more years I think. When the team plays to his strengths, he never really looks injured. But as soon as soon as hesitant kicks forward happen, his advantage is usually gone.

It can be more how he is used, the more we can spread the forward entries the better for Bud and everyone. Thats where defences really start to struggle.
Oh so true - at least 3 times on Friday night.

kranky al

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth www.pixelpac.com.au
Absolute nuff nuffs who dont understand why sydney went hard at buddy....

You guys could win 3 games for the rest of the year but as long as buddy has a few great games the crowds will keep rocking up and you can rebuild at your own pace and not do the north melbourne semi rebuild that goes nowhere.

Genius move - better than even chance with your drafting history that you absolutely nail a coupla drafts and pinch one before hes gone.
What a f3#{%ing champion.

Top Bottom