Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

madrigal

All Australian
May 24, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
What don't you understand ???? Is'nt ghost dog insinuating hes getting games by a clause in his contract ?????
Left field speculation, or a humorous thought experiment, the joke being David relies on the skills of his lawyer to get games cos he sucks so bad.

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon
Great well thought out post.........after 4 years of the general public discussing your honesty as a player why not continue that theme on right to the end of his career . Interested to see if you get a reminder of the terms and conditions on here as I get them for offending people like you who are trying to score cheap points at the expense of other human beings .
By the way I dont accept the terms and conditions
So ban me 😊
You gots to chill.

Love him or hate him there's been some pretty ordinary posts in this thread and game day/autopsy threads so far this season about Dave. David Myers has been through a lot of s**t for this club and no he hasn't become what we'd all hoped for like many, many other players in the game but I have no doubt he has given everything he's got and he has my respect and thanks.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
About as useful as a ....
CAA7480B-3708-410D-BD69-ED1FA7A40FA4.jpeg

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Love him or hate him there's been some pretty ordinary posts in this thread and game day/autopsy threads so far this season about Dave. David Myers has been through a lot of **** for this club and no he hasn't become what we'd all hoped for like many, many other players in the game but I have no doubt he has given everything he's got and he has my respect and thanks.

That’s all good and well mate...but it’s time to weed out weaknesses in our senior side.

There’s no more time for nostalgia and goodwill anymore.

We need brutal tough bastards who have skills.

Otherwise...we’ll just continue to be mediocre and ordinary

#### that

Bomberview

Rookie
Apr 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Seriously you could not get Langford out quick enough QUICK ENOUGH .Give the kid the whole year you peanut useless self righteous pusilanneous club

RearNaked

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
TEAM MIR!!!!!!!!!
Would rather kept Goddard for on field leadership and blocking not sure what else this spud contributes

Seriously you could not get Langford out quick enough QUICK ENOUGH .Give the kid the whole year you peanut useless self righteous pusilanneous club
Langford was pretty bad last week.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
I like to think I’m fairly objective on him.

A big takeaway for me tonight, again, is that his lack of speed is a genuine, absolute liability. Like he’s not just slow, he’s absolutely tortoise-like. Opponents burn off him.

That can be offset by other stuff. With him, it’s not.

He’s a full time midfielder who tonight has had 11 touches (5 contested), 1 tackle and 3 clearances.

We’re not contending for a flag this year and we have some young mids playing VFL.

All in all I can’t see a single benefit to playing him, unfortunately.

Anyone know what his pre-season was like? For a 'big-bodied' mid he really doesn't look very big right now.

Time for a lengthy spell in the 2s while we figure out what we can salvage for our midfield moving forward.
Thanks for your efforts Dave and good luck

vass44

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Good bloke and all and has had his share of injuries - but surely he has to go back to the twos now. He’s just doesn’t cut it at AFL level, has had multiple chances and just doesn’t do enough. Surely Langford, Mynott or even Clarke are better options for the rest of this year. At least get some more games into them. If he’s such a good leader why doesn’t he go back tot he twos and do what Hocking did and provide some leadership for our younger players coming through rather than being a burden on the whole senior team

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

read the room, my friend

Langord does not solve the issue. Myers is done and dusted. There is no argument there but Langford is not the answer either. He will never be the inside midfielder answer. He is not physical enough and not quick decision maker. He needs to go back to playing flank / wing. Right now I am hanging my hat on Mynott developing into the answer. Has shown improvement in the VFL this year and is getting close to the run of form week in and week out needed to get his chance.

Back