Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
He played as a midfielder in that game.

He had the worst stats of anybody on the ground...

******* cooked but will play every game he is healthy because he is a 'leader'

Langord does not solve the issue. Myers is done and dusted. There is no argument there but Langford is not the answer either. He will never be the inside midfielder answer. He is not physical enough and not quick decision maker. He needs to go back to playing flank / wing. Right now I am hanging my hat on Mynott developing into the answer. Has shown improvement in the VFL this year and is getting close to the run of form week in and week out needed to get his chance.
i don’t want to upset anyone by saying this, because I think David is a fine individual and has value and worth both as a person and as a footballer, but i’m on the anyone but Myers train.

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Langord does not solve the issue. Myers is done and dusted. There is no argument there but Langford is not the answer either. He will never be the inside midfielder answer. He is not physical enough and not quick decision maker. He needs to go back to playing flank / wing. Right now I am hanging my hat on Mynott developing into the answer. Has shown improvement in the VFL this year and is getting close to the run of form week in and week out needed to get his chance.

Parish? Thoughts?

mzuppit

Debutant
Jul 9, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
74E26FBE-D8D7-4764-A594-211C9887D22D.jpeg

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
And so the David Myers saga rolls on.

I’m getting to the stage I can’t watch us any longer whilst the likes of this hack & Clarke are selected.

Wtf did he offer last night? A pitiful 10 disp, all of which were hideous & when we finally call on him for the only asset he offers, he barely roosts it 50m.

Put him in the bin ffs worsfold!! Enough’s enough!!

I'm of the view that David has run his race and needs to be jettisoned to the twos, permanently.

But if people actually seriously care that he'd dare wink before having that shot last night, then they need to find better things to get annoyed about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blood Bomber

Team Captain
May 19, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm of the view that David has run his race and needs to be jettisoned to the twos, permanently.

But if people actually seriously care that he'd dare wink before having that shot last night, then they need to find better things to get annoyed about.
Can you call my wife and tell her to go and do better things. Cheers

Why wasn't Myers delisted circa 2011-12?

May've had a player or 2 or 3 replace him in that time.
Can't delist everyone at once, and at his peak he was an above average player. Certainly not first on the chopping block.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back