AFL Club
Essendon
582543_3846291934625_260557907_n.jpg

Playing Career:

Essendon Football Club (2008 - )
  • 42 games, 8 goals
Height:191cm
Weight: 88kg

• Pick #6, 2007 National Draft, from Perth (WAFL)
Very happy with him at 6.

Re: David Myers

So am I. We need a taller, utlity midfield type and he just adds so much class. His a great pick, get over missing out on Palmer and be happy with Myers.

mms://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/wh_afl1/OnDemand/Preseason08/davidmyers.wmv

did i just see what i think i just saw. For a 17/18 year old, here backs himself and runs the whole field. He looks like a stenglein/pendles type of player. One of the clips showed him picking up the ball off the ground in a crouded area. He is our future unballer.

watson, handpasses to myers who feeds it out to houli. houli bombs it inside 50 to GUMBY!

did i just see what i think i just saw. For a 17/18 year old, here backs himself and runs the whole field. He looks like a stenglein/pendles type of player. One of the clips showed him picking up the ball off the ground in a crouded area. He is our future unballer.

watson, handpasses to myers who feeds it out to houli. houli bombs it inside 50 to GUMBY!
EDIT: Houli stabs a bullet like pass insdie 50 to Gumby, and Gumby goes back and splits the middle.

Sounds much better now. We don't want our players bombing it inside 50 to our forwards do we?

EDIT: Houli stabs a bullet like pass insdie 50 to Gumby, and Gumby goes back and splits the middle.

Sounds much better now. We don't want our players bombing it inside 50 to our forwards do we?

lol, yeah true!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if i was the only one to notice this

in that video, he had 12 kicks,

3 were on target
7 were not on target
2 weren't seen

is this normal or does he have an accurate kick

Not sure if i was the only one to notice this

in that video, he had 12 kicks,

3 were on target
7 were not on target
2 weren't seen

is this normal or does he have an accurate kick

I noticed the same thing actually. This is the only footage i've seen of him though so am not sure.

He does look like he's got a great kicking action though so I'm assuming his kicking is pretty good. The profiles suggest his disposal is very good.

Any thoughts?

don't make your mind up after seeing just 45 seconds of video highlights. i assure you his disposal is excellent. imo morton was the only other draftee with better skills than myers.

i thought about those three, but imo myers' left foot is better than those three guy's right foot. however cotchin's has the ability to kick the ball really well with both feet and maric is the best shot for goal i have ever seen

for those of you who have seen the video on bombertv......can anyone say Pendlebury??????????

Re: 23. David Myers

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=53932
11:22 AM Fri 30 November, 2007 | Back
By Jennifer Witham
Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

MOVING across the country is usually a daunting prospect for someone just out of school, but at least three of the Bombers' draftees can take heart from the fact they're all in the same position.

David Myers, Tayte Pears and Cale Hooker are all Western Australians, while the club's fourth acquisition, Darcy Daniher, hails from Victoria.
The Bombers used their first selection and No.6 overall in last Saturday's NAB AFL Draft to recruit Myers, who said the large number of WA players listed at the club has made the transition smooth so far.

"There's a big load of WA boys over here, and both my parents are from Victoria originally, so we've got some family friends and still some family over here anyway," he said.
"I feel pretty comfortable here."
The 18-year-old said the prospect of shifting to the other side of the country didn't bother him once the Bombers called his number out, but it did upset his mum.

"I was very happy. It's what I've always wanted to do since I was a little child, so getting the chance to play AFL football anywhere would be a huge honour, let alone to come here to the Bombers," he said.
"It's one of the most historical clubs, and I couldn't be happier.
"Mum was obviously a bit upset, she was pretty teary yesterday when she left, but they're both [my parents] very happy for me.
"They know this is what I've wanted to do, and they're both very supportive."

Myers already has some senior experience behind him, having played six matches in the WAFL towards the end of this season.
He averaged 23 possessions across the six games, and was among Perth's best in round 22. The young defender said the experience of playing against men will only benefit him.

"After the [under] 18's carnival, I finished off the year playing league back home in WA, but obviously the standard over there is a bit different to what it would be like over here," he said.
"I haven't had a taste of running around out here with the boys, today [Friday] will be the first go at that, but it obviously helps confidence-wise playing against bigger bodies and getting a taste of what it would be like."
He also said training for the past month with the Perth Demons has ensured his fitness has remained at a high level.

"Because my WAFL team back home in Perth finished quite low on the ladder, we've been training for three or four weeks now," he said.
"I've had a little bit of a chance to break the body in early. I think it's going to be a big step up here anyway."
Now, he's set to commence the reported punishing regime new Essendon coach Matthew Knights is bestowing on his players – and his more experienced teammates are making sure he's mentally prepared for it.
"All the boys like to talk up the fitness sessions and the 3km time trials and try and scare you a little bit," he said.
"But, I'm sure once we get into it, it will be fine. It's good for you anyway."

Very impressed with Myers, seems like a Pendlebury type but with better foot skills. Looking forward to seeing him play some senior footy next season !

couldnt get that streaming vid to work so had a looksy on youtube:

can look like a dal santo pin-pointing passes at times but then when he's rushed his drop becomes a little ungainly and not look as fluent. sure knows how to back himself though. looks the goods!

edit: oops soz merv :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back