Retired #23: David Myers - Retiring at the end of the season - 20/8

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s to be gained by playing Myers ahead of him?

How many times does Myers have to prove he’s not up to it?
Mynott was seemingly injured anyway so this is really a moot point. Secondly, seen in the context of season still being alive, it’s hardly surprising even if Mynott had been fit.

Don’t be a tool. The actual video makes it clear and it’s been explained many times.

They crack a half smile for about 0.2 of a second.

Heppell went over to give him a pat (as captains do when a player misses a shot after the siren) and Myers joked “too far out for the old man”.

They weren’t laughing.
A few of my posts have been deleted where I admit I was s**t posting and said that I was being a bit over the top.

But you know, Mods.

Onya Doss.

He should be an inspiration to all budding young wannabe AFL players.

You can play over 100 games of AFL football if you work hard off the field and you’re a genuinely nice guy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody love this guy - he’s probably the number one Essendon player I’d like to have a tin with. Can’t wait to hear his presser because he speaks so beautifully. Always wanted more for him given his draft position and hoped each year he’d monster it but his body never let him have a proper crack.

And he gave us THE gif. Hopefully we can use it after some more games this year.

To me that reads as if he won't play in the VFL next year either.

One of the real "what could have been"s of our last 10-20 years. Hope he stays around the club as his off field leadership among the younger players is of great value.

Thanks David, all the best. ♥

Many thanks for all your efforts David. We'll never know what the alternate universe where he wasn't injury stricken for most of his first five seasons and then cut down by more injury in 2015 and suspension in 2016 looks like, and that's a shame.

I think the time is right though. I wish he'd stick around in the VFL next year, doesn't sound like he will though.

Farewell to the big left hoof!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back