AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - God-tier Hands

Remove this Banner Ad

26 disposals.

There should be a system that properly weights what a forward does based on degree of difficulty.

5 contested marks forward is probably worth 50 possessions at half back.

And I'm only exaggerating slightly.
100% get where you are coming from and agree. i’d probably also add that Miles Bergman is a stupid name.

As I said a few weeks back, this kid is going to have supporters flocking to games just to watch him play !
He will also attract so many new young supporters to the club who will be putting #23 on their backs.
Plays with a smile on his face and looks like he's just having a kick in the backyard with his mates, he's going to be a STAR !!

oh VS, Ive seen this stat posted a few times already man - you’re a couple of steps behind... much like Harrison Jones’ direct opponent when he’s on a lead!

yeah!!
Piss. This is what happens when I have to settle for the replay

I can't believe he has only played a handful of games. Goes about it like he has already got 50+ under his belt and oh yes, those big marks...!

His only problem is every single time someone mentions how accurate he's been since his first game he misses. Every single time. Go back and watch, every behind since his first goal, the commentator has been talking about how accurate he is, and never mention it on every goal.

Also took 6 contested marks, not 5, remember.

anybody else a little giddy that this kid is like Lloyd & Hird rolled into one :p

i may be going off early, but **** it. i got ragged on for saying i saw plenty of Cousins' game in Parish....and here we are

Did you get ragged on for that? I remember it being a somewhat common observation on this board early on. I said it myself and didn’t receive anything snippy.

The way he ran around that pack reminded me of Cousins.

His technique for kicking at goal looks no-frills and simple, it's damn impressive. At such a young age, hard to nail something like that as a forward. Hopefully, it sticks and he can keep improving other areas of his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely he studied Nick Reiwoldt growing up as no key forward has covered this much ground since Nick.

We have to find that sweet spot between gaining strength and maintaining his engine, get him too heavy and the endurance suffers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back