AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - God-tier Hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Us older blokes have the luxury of remembering the (quick) development of strong contested mark tall forwards like Vander Haar, Roger, Hird, TD, Lloyd and Lucas etc …and this kid is one of them.

To be that young, skinny and underdeveloped and take those grabs the way he did this year is very very rare.

And also has a beautiful drop punt action and kicks straight as a die like the good ones do.

He’s a ******* gem.

Us older blokes have the luxury of remembering the (quick) development of strong contested mark tall forwards like Vander Haar, Roger, Hird, TD, Lloyd and Lucas etc …and this kid is one of them.

To be that young, skinny and underdeveloped and take those grabs the way he did this year is very very rare.

And also has a beautiful drop punt action and kicks straight as a die like the good ones do.

He’s a ******* gem.
I remember his debut game where he couldn't hit the side of a barn.
I was thinking "F*ck, just a prettier Joe Daniher with long blonde locks"

happy to have been proven wrong

He’s a ******* gem.
And Fish !

I remember his debut game where he couldn't hit the side of a barn.
I was thinking "F*ck, just a prettier Joe Daniher with long blonde locks"

happy to have been proven wrong

we’ll always remember that game and then the following 10 when the nerves settled and he became as cool as a cucumber lining up for goal.

Was watching hirdy highlights on YouTube and this guy just moves ike him so much. He will be a total gun. Hope we don't bulk him up to much. Patty Ryder level He would keep all his athleticism

He moves a lot like Hird. Clunky but surprisingly quick.

Watching that highlights package made me excited about Jones all over again. Such a shame he missed the last 6 weeks or whatever of the season including finals.

But yeah he has some serious attributes between his height, excellent marking hands, elite endurance, good pace and great set shot. Wouldn't shock me if we were talking about him as one of our best players in a few years time. I'm already backing him in as our number 1 key forward from next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best of the new youngsters .. will be a a top 5 footballer in the league in 4/5 years ... Wayne Carey like Mark and has a tank like James hird .. great kick and reads the play beautifully... sooo excited about this guy

Don't undersell it now...

Right down on the last line of this article...

McDonagh was joined by fellow new Bombers Ben Hobbs, Alastair Lord and Patrick Voss as they toured Essendon's facilities and met coaches for the first time.

They'll meet and train with the full playing list on Wednesday morning, with young forward Harrison Jones taking the four newest members of the Bombers out for ice cream on Sunday night.

Cute :laughv1:

Right down on the last line of this article...

Cute :laughv1:

Find it interesting that Jones has been so heavily involved in things such as this and sitting in draftee interview Dodoro.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back