AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - God-tier Hands

Remove this Banner Ad

With his tank and smarts I think he'll get games earlier than expected, can see him playing a similar role Blakey did this year high roaming half forward if his VFL form warranted.

If be very surprised if he did

Think they're different players or Blakey has much greater potential in other roles

So I’m talking to my cousin back in Melbourne tonight and it’s mentioned that he knows Harrison’s old man who happens to be an Airport West FC 300 gamer (Bomber Thompson came from AW-EDFL) and....well not much news other than he’s a likely prospect and as mentioned, is an Essendon fan to his core.

Port were right into him too..big time.

Another local bomber boy fulfilling his dream of a shot at the big time.

Good luck to the lad.

Try and eat something will ya..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, he's injured. Minor one it seems though thankfully.

Recruit Harrison Jones is expected to be sidelined for at least another fortnight, having sustained a minor stress fracture in his foot after experiencing soreness during the shutdown period.

“Harrison Jones has sustained a stress fracture at the base of his big toe after he felt some soreness in recent weeks,” Rundle said.

“He’s been off running for the past three weeks and will require a couple more weeks of rest before we start to build him up.”

Not sure if my feelings about Jones are high hopes or clairvoyant ambitions... or maybe it's already my sense of nostalgia kicking in, remembering Joe's development, and transferring that expectation to ambition for Jones. Hurry up and finish that steak, boy!

Latest podcast has Dodoro saying if we had of traded Joe we would have taken him with pick 9.
I do wonder if GC give us the same deal as they did Carlton?

3-4 weeks of running progressions before he can resume training.

Bombers youngster Harrison Jones was also increasing his running loads as he recovers from a stress fracture in his foot.

“Harrison is coming along well too. He’s progressed from running on the Alter-G to running over ground now and he’s on a three- to four-week build of progressions before he integrates back into training,” Rundle said.

Moved up to the hub in Queensland along with the other four that were left in Melbourne to do their rehab. Should be ready to rejoin main training as soon as he's out of quarantine.

I think Stringer flew up on the 17th so if all five moved to the hub that day (which would make sense?) then they're a week into their 14 day quarantine now and Jones should be in main training in another week from now.

Rundle said exciting youngster Jones would make an imminent return to group training after overcoming a stress fracture in his foot.

“Harrison is running really well and should join back in with the group once he’s released out of quarantine," he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back