AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - God-tier Hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor effort by Dodo biggest gap on the list is inside mids and we take wiry tall men and small fwds lol

Actually not the silliest comparison. Hopefully a bit better but Brown was a first round pick in his day too, before injuries got him.

I think people underrate Brown a little, his major flaw is his contested ability and we needed him to play as a KPF when in reality he's more a tall flanker type.

Club's finally put up an in-house interview with him :)

Friends with Nick Bryan already so that's nice I suppose.

Ah, and the article that goes with it:

All the quotey bits:

“I think it was a bit of relief actually. Obviously I was ecstatic that I’m coming to the Bombers,”

“It’s a childhood dream to come and play at the Bombers and here it is, I’ve got my opportunity.”

“(I had) a couple of interviews throughout the year and at the combine, but apart from that there wasn’t really much that I knew about getting picked (by Essendon), but I’m very grateful.

“It’s a bit of a relief having (my family) here. They’ve been on the journey all the way through and helped me through, so being here tonight tops it all off.”

“I work a lot up the field and use my running ability – I think I’m a pretty good runner – so I use that a lot to get the ball.

“I can take a big mark and I think I’ve got pretty good skills.”

“I met him when I first got added to the Vic Metro team and I played against him when I was bottom age at the Cannons in the ruck,”

“We were pretty good mates and then towards the end of the year we got a bit close, so now I think we’ll become very close mates, which is really good.”

10/10 interview.

Makes you wonder whether more kids should just be left to be kids.

Happy for him to show a bit of confidence in his strengths and then interrupt the interview to celebrate his best mate getting drafted.

Much better than the sterile s**t the first round players get coached in to.

Can he cook though?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 20 prospect Sam De Koning

Most difficult NAB League opponent:

“Harrison Jones (Calder Cannons) is a NAB League player I found hard to play on in the Under-18 Championships. He’s so active off the ball and just keeps you guessing. Whenever a forward can get you off your own game, that’s a huge thing. I had to re-evaluate everything and start defending him first before I tried to get the ball myself.”

Top 20 prospect Sam De Koning

Most difficult NAB League opponent:

“Harrison Jones (Calder Cannons) is a NAB League player I found hard to play on in the Under-18 Championships. He’s so active off the ball and just keeps you guessing. Whenever a forward can get you off your own game, that’s a huge thing. I had to re-evaluate everything and start defending him first before I tried to get the ball myself.”

Really who else would there be?

haha! Interesting that he wasn't much until he grew and then things started coming together for him this year. Also, ran 12.5km in a game :D

Harry was being modest... he has always been on of the best players of his age in the local league. He did however step up to Vic Metro level this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back