Bipolarbear

It's me, it's me it's BPB
Jul 29, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns
He looked really good in the pre-season last year, I was impressed with his ability to deal with the ball when it was beneath his knees. He marked some really poor entries down low with confidence.

Yoda_

Hall of Famer
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
He looked really good in the pre-season last year, I was impressed with his ability to deal with the ball when it was beneath his knees. He marked some really poor entries down low with confidence.
Does he mark it at the highest point though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

owen87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I’d hazard a guess at locking him in for round 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
? - Stewart - Stringer
Tipungwuti - Wright - Snelling

Where do you see him fit? I think the above 5 are locked in. Perkins conceivably could play off a HFF Round 1, Parish, Smith, Laverde.

I'm assuming Langford starts on a Wing as well.

Megabattimus

Senior List
Oct 6, 2020
Narre Warren South
AFL Club
Essendon
? - Stewart - Stringer
Tipungwuti - Wright - Snelling

Where do you see him fit? I think the above 5 are locked in. Perkins conceivably could play off a HFF Round 1, Parish, Smith, Laverde.

I'm assuming Langford starts on a Wing as well.
I'd start him off the bench and have him rotate with Stewart. Then you have Wright rotating with Draper and Perkins rotating with someone on the wing (Laverde?).

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
If he puts on 15kg then he most likely loses his mobility which is one of his assets. He is not a big brute forward.
I mean it depends where he is right now (not what he's listed as). If we're doing a Tom Lynch or Jack Gunston comparison style wise, high 80's would be ideal. Probably another 10-12 kg's.

Fin ice Smuggler

Premiership Player
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I mean it depends where he is right now (not what he's listed as). If we're doing a Tom Lynch or Jack Gunston comparison style wise, high 80's would be ideal. Probably another 10-12 kg's.
Body mass can be over rated though, Matty Lloyd after that serious hammy over bulked himself which further hampered his mobility.

Fletcher was never big and played over 400 games as did Tuck and Bartlett.

In NBA Durant or Garnett are/were never big bulky players.

I think the most important fitness component of any player would be strength through legs and throughout body core.

Jones should be smashing squats and dead lifts IMO.

Keystone agony

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
If Stewarts being used as a tall defender then surely H.Jones is the next in line fwd

I feel he could be a JJK fwd. Long limbs, agile and eventually build that power and strength in a few year plus has the tank to continue leading

Remove this Banner Ad