AFL Player #23: Harrison Jones - God-tier Hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Post-game interview:

He even said "learning". In a grammatically correct way. :eekv1::cautiousv1:

Lore, there's lines we can't step over on this board these days.

You as a mod should know better.

Never again please

Jones can play.

Moves nicely and a lovely kick.

When was the last time we bulked someone up this quickly without breaking them? Last year he may have been the skinniest draftee we have ever had....he’s still not huge but he’s but he’s big enough for senior footy.

Jones can play.

Moves nicely and a lovely kick.

When was the last time we bulked someone up this quickly without breaking them? Last year he may have been the skinniest draftee we have ever had....he’s still not huge but he’s but he’s big enough for senior footy.
maybe the new bloke Murphy is doing his job?

Post-game interview:

He even said "learning". In a grammatically correct way. :eekv1::cautiousv1:

"we lost today, which sucks" is probably the highlight comment of his for me. More of this, less "learnings" in 2021 please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd give him a 2 year extension right now. He's shown enough to warrant getting 4 years on an AFL list for me as a skinny KPP. Sign him up before clubs can even consider putting something in front of him

I have been trying to figure out why I have a feeling he is destined for greatness.

I now think it’s the fact his name is a combo of Harrison Ford / Indiana Jones.

It's a strange one.

He had the tools to dominate underage level. He clearly knows how to play, he's tall with great athleticism and something close to an elite engine. And yet his underage record stunk which would be why he was taken at 30 in a draft that reflects him to that point: quite a bit of raw potential without being particularly convincing.

And yet eDPS was supremely confident and Dodoro said he was top 10 (and his track record of honesty/accuracy when it comes to these comments is pretty good) and Jones has looked so comfortable at the level.

He's added a stack of weight, still bounds around and floats through the air, he covers a lot of ground, marks strongly and kicks well (though he shanked that shot against the Cats). There is also a physicality to his play that belies his wiry frame.

It's hard to see where this goes wrong. But then maybe the problem is the one that's hiding in plain site: for whatever reason he is unable to have a prolonged impact on a game.

I can see why Dodoro loves him, that's for sure. I think we have good reason to have very high hopes for Jones.

I have been trying to figure out why I have a feeling he is destined for greatness.

I now think it’s the fact his name is a combo of Harrison Ford / Indiana Jones.
I wonder how long it will take before he gets the nickname 'Indi'. If it was me, I'd start walking around with a whip and wearing a fedora before someone thinks of a more lame nickname.

I wonder how long it will take before he gets the nickname 'Indi'. If it was me, I'd start walking around with a whip and wearing a fedora before someone thinks of a more lame nickname.
It’s an extreme look but if you really want the nickname I guess it’s worth it 😊

It's a strange one.

He had the tools to dominate underage level. He clearly knows how to play, he's tall with great athleticism and something close to an elite engine. And yet his underage record stunk which would be why he was taken at 30 in a draft that reflects him to that point: quite a bit of raw potential without being particularly convincing.

And yet eDPS was supremely confident and Dodoro said he was top 10 (and his track record of honesty/accuracy when it comes to these comments is pretty good) and Jones has looked so comfortable at the level.

He's added a stack of weight, still bounds around and floats through the air, he covers a lot of ground, marks strongly and kicks well (though he shanked that shot against the Cats). There is also a physicality to his play that belies his wiry frame.

It's hard to see where this goes wrong. But then maybe the problem is the one that's hiding in plain site: for whatever reason he is unable to have a prolonged impact on a game.

I can see why Dodoro loves him, that's for sure. I think we have good reason to have very high hopes for Jones.

Harry’s underage footy did not stink. He was a bloody good junior footballer in he played pivotal roles as a bottom ager in Gisborne’s 2016 Under 16 and 2018 Under 18 premierships....

He is a very good big moment player.....
He has grown from a tall mid size to a KPP size in the last few years.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry’s underage footy did not stink. He was a bloody good junior footballer in he played pivotal roles as a bottom ager in Gisborne’s 2016 Under 16 and 2018 Under 18 premierships....

He is a very good big moment player.....
He has grown from a tall mid size to a KPP size in the last few years.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's referring to his TAC Cup record, which is underwhelming.

15 games, 12-13 touches/game, 2-3 marks and 0.3 goals/game is hardly stuff to write home about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back