Senior 23. Jacob Weitering

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a little surprised Jacob Weitering has dropped in Rising Star betting.
He is now $10 and about 5th or 6th favourite.
I know his form has tapered off, but I largely blame that on his injury - and surely voters would view a first year KPP differently to a first year Midfielder? Talls take longer to develop, right? And so surely it is all relative. Jacob's year has been superb.
And last weekend, I thought it was an extraordinary effort for a first year KPP, virtually on one leg, to go from FB to FF and kick two goals. Isn't that almost unheard of?

He is 5th or 6th favourite in betting, but is it possible the betting doesn't necessarily reflect how the voters view things?

He is 5th or 6th favourite in betting, but is it possible the betting doesn't necessarily reflect how the voters view things?

Of course it is possible - the betting reflects how the average punter views things, not the people voting for the awards.

He may not win the award, but he's certainly got a better chance than the odds currently suggest.

Of course it is possible - the betting reflects how the average punter views things, not the people voting for the awards.

He may not win the award, but he's certainly got a better chance than the odds currently suggest.
Not entirely correct, the bookies still choose the odds on what their formulas tell them. One of the factors is betting trends but it's not exclusively what sets the odds.

Who were the 4 in front of him? Parish?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering looked a sure thing for the Rising Star half way through the season, Mills' consistency however means you couldn't begrudge him winning. Daniel is ok, I really don't think he's rising star quality though. Parish would be a good choice, he will be a gun.

Not that it matters though, this is an award which was given to Lewis Taylor over Bontempelli...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back