Senior 23. Jacob Weitering

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacob - thanks for signing up for another four years
Looking forward to signing an extension too - Blue Bagger for life!

PS tried to reply to your text but you mustn't have paid your phone bill - it bounced

Bolton's long-term plan for young star Weitering

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-09/boltons-longterm-plan-for-young-star-weitering

JACOB Weitering will play primarily in defence in 2017, but Carlton plans to develop the talented tall into a weapon that can eventually be deployed at both ends of the ground.

"So we just want to make sure he's totally solidified as a defender first and then he can grow into other roles.
"But the long-term plan is he can play at both ends and we've already started to do that, but we just haven't done it flippantly."

Weiters is fine the way he is. Nice to see someone so young with such maturity.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Weiters is fine the way he is. Nice to see someone so young with such maturity.

I see it as a false maturity to play a straight bat at press conferences. He shows signs of emotional maturity for his age, but you also get the impression he hasn't really been through a difficult patch to date.

Maturity is about how you respond when the chips are down for you or your mates and you're feeling the pressure, not that you're serene and decent when there is none.

I see it as a false maturity to play a straight bat at press conferences. He shows signs of emotional maturity for his age, but you also get the impression he hasn't really been through a difficult patch to date.

Maturity is about how you respond when the chips are down for you or your mates and you're feeling the pressure, not that you're serene and decent when there is none.
He plays for Carlton, that's a pretty difficult patch! :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I think he comes across as a bit arrogant. Regardless he definitely has his head screwed on.

Who is to know what he has or hasn't been through? Sometimes it's adversity that forces you to grow quicker than those around you.
I would back Weiters any day of the week to keep his cool through a stressful event.

I would also back Weiters to be the one that shows the most heart when the chips are down for us in the future, while a game hangs in the balance.

The kid is an A grader on and off the field for mine.

Who is to know what he has or hasn't been through? Sometimes it's adversity that forces you to grow quicker than those around you.
I would back Weiters any day of the week to keep his cool through a stressful event.

I would also back Weiters to be the one that shows the most heart when the chips are down for us in the future, while a game hangs in the balance.

The kid is an A grader on and off the field for mine.

Fair enough, and this is a pretty minor gripe of mine anyway.

Had his best game for the year.

17 disposals at 94% efficiency, 8 score involvements (good for equal 2nd on the team with Simpson, behind Wright with 9), 8 marks, 2 goal assists and a goal himself.

Completely worked over his defender early in the match and fought through a sore thigh with important contributions late.

His kicking, for a 195cm KPP, is just ridiculous.

His kicking, for a 195cm KPP, is just ridiculous.
He keeps it very low though, which means he can't kick it more than 45 metres as he does. Needs to bring the up and under style into the mix so he can roost it 60 metres.

Absolute shocker. Not sure whats going on there. Last year was carrying an injury was expecting big things this year. Hopefully a false start from him and he turns it around next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back