#23: James “Jordan Jones” Jordon. Farewell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure I’ll back Taylor & his teams judgement over some pelicans in the media.. it was considered Oliver was taken too early now is close to the best from his draft, we plucked AVB from bloody Nowhere and when fit is bloody great.. Taylor hasn’t got many wrong so pretty excited what we might get from this kid because clearly he has developed a lot this season and performed every time he’s stepped up the ranks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty sure I’ll back Taylor & his teams judgement over some pelicans in the media.. it was considered Oliver was taken too early now is close to the best from his draft, we plucked AVB from bloody Nowhere and when fit is bloody great.. Taylor hasn’t got many wrong so pretty excited what we might get from this kid because clearly he has developed a lot this season and performed every time he’s stepped up the ranks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oliver is easily the best player from his draft, it's daylight between him and Curnow and then daylight again.

Oliver is easily the best player from his draft, it's daylight between him and Curnow and then daylight again.

I don't want to blatantly call you ignorant, but you realize both Wagners were taken during the 2015 draft? You know nothing.

You can only assume Taylor thought Jordan had someone else keen so we jumped early. Quiet young and should have plenty of improvement. Seemed to have a bit of game sense in the highlights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you give us a run down on what you like about him? Enjoy your thoughts on the DT board

D_P_S
I really like his kicking and composure in traffic, has the makings of a good midfielder if he can improve his endurance and a bit more aggression wouldn’t go astray. When he is on he can get a tonne of it especially early in the game but he always seems to drift out which is to do with his engine not being up to it yet

I really like his kicking and composure in traffic, has the makings of a good midfielder if he can improve his endurance and a bit more aggression wouldn’t go astray. When he is on he can get a tonne of it especially early in the game but he always seems to drift out which is to do with his engine not being up to it yet

Seems like a perfect player for Brendan McCartney to work with.

I can give you some pedigree on James , be it his father .His name is Darryl ... a country footy legend that kicked some 1700 goals in his career and topped 100 goals in a season some 12 times .. his nickname was Dobber !!!. lol

Apprently we have converted Jordon into another inside mid :rolleyes:

James Jordon
“He ended up having a really consistent VFL year – he played 21 games. He started off down back but finished off the year as an inside-mid which is probably where he looked most natural. He’s got really good movement within stoppages, he’s really good over the ball and is a nice kick. He developed into a really consistent player in the VFL and he’s really durable. I think his training loads were really high during the year – he loves training – so he’s finished with a really good year and got a lot of learnings out of playing a lot of footy.”

Apprently we have converted Jordon into another inside mid :rolleyes:

James Jordon
“He ended up having a really consistent VFL year – he played 21 games. He started off down back but finished off the year as an inside-mid which is probably where he looked most natural. He’s got really good movement within stoppages, he’s really good over the ball and is a nice kick. He developed into a really consistent player in the VFL and he’s really durable. I think his training loads were really high during the year – he loves training – so he’s finished with a really good year and got a lot of learnings out of playing a lot of footy.”

Credit to whoever wrote that article, they’re really good at pumping up players who largely weren’t good enough to play seniors other than Sparrow. If Bedford doesn’t kick 60 goals next year I’ll be shocked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back