#23: James “Jordan Jones” Jordon. Farewell.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apprently we have converted Jordon into another inside mid :rolleyes:

James Jordon
“He ended up having a really consistent VFL year – he played 21 games. He started off down back but finished off the year as an inside-mid which is probably where he looked most natural. He’s got really good movement within stoppages, he’s really good over the ball and is a nice kick. He developed into a really consistent player in the VFL and he’s really durable. I think his training loads were really high during the year – he loves training – so he’s finished with a really good year and got a lot of learnings out of playing a lot of footy.”

I thought he was drafted as an outside player. I read this last week and thought the same. Not sure why we’d do this.

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I thought he was drafted as an outside player. I read this last week and thought the same. Not sure why we’d do this.
We need more inside midfielders, tall defenders and medium sized flankers, preferably with below average pace and sub par skills.

Yes he was.

Nov 20, 2008
#freeMelbourne #SackDan
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Super Saiyans, Tasmania Devils

*slaps markm106 upside the head* Because that's the Goody-need-more-inside-mids strategy, duh!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Who is Big Bernie and why is he watching?
Was wondering. Didn’t want to say because I thought I was too thick to pick up on a clear joke that everyone else understands.

But I am too thick and I truly don’t understand.

Was wondering. Didn’t want to say because I thought I was too thick to pick up on a clear joke that everyone else understands.

But I am too thick and I truly don’t understand.
There’s something very sinister at play here.

James Jordon, wearing a loincloth diving repeatedly into a pack of starved lions to retrieve a dead lamb carcass: “please sir may I have an uncontested possession”

Goody standing over him with a whip lashing him every five seconds: “you’ll win those hard balls boy and you’ll enjoy it too if you know what’s good for you”

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
James Jordon, wearing a loincloth diving repeatedly into a pack of starved lions to retrieve a dead lamb carcass: “please sir may I have an uncontested possession”

Goody standing over him with a whip lashing him every five seconds: “you’ll win those hard balls boy and you’ll enjoy it too if you know what’s good for you”
I imagine something like Jordan finishing a reserves game bloodied and bruised with 15 tackles and 12 clearances and Goody pulling him aside " I thought I told you to get rid of those uncontested possessions!"

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Think he will play quite a bit this year as apparently has great endurance and runs two ways, which will be important with more interchange caps.

Not overly excited by him from what I've seen, though. Seems quite vanilla.

We need either line breaking pace, creativity, spread, amazing disposal by foot or elite composure/decision making.

Not sure he ticks any of those boxes

Was equally disappointed in him vs the Dogs as others, but I'm not going to lay into a kid who hasn't played a proper game before. Also worth remembering that we never had first use, so he was never given much chance to use it outside. Though his work from kick outs as first receiver was a bit bland.

If he has something, he'll need a few games at AFL level to adjust before he can show it. Wouldn't be first on my list for a round one game, but I'm eager to see if the VFL watchers and coaches are right about him. Can never have too much ~class~ in the side.

Don’t think he can have it much harder than he did against the Dogs with little to no support. That being said he has some major Jordie Gysberts vibes about him. Probably the name.

So I expect him to pick up two RS nominations and then get traded to North and never seen again.

Don’t think he can have it much harder than he did against the Dogs with little to no support. That being said he has some major Jordie Gysberts vibes about him. Probably the name.

So I expect him to pick up two RS nominations and then get traded to North and never seen again.
If we get another workhorse ruck/forward a la Pedersen out of it I'm all for this!

Back