Player Watch #23: Kane Lambert - Retired effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a believer and I hope that Lambert will become an important best 22 player.

I believe he has all the attributed in becoming a top tier player and from what I heard from him he is an exemplary character to have in the club.

I am a Lambertite.

*I'm allowed to believe in Cotchinology and The Church of Lambert right?

His attitude is what I think is his greatest asset, he seems to have the physical tools. I can't remember the last time I got excited about all the new recruits.....My heads(on shoulders) gonna explode with the excitement overload....

#Inb4therudies...

Thought Lambert played really well, took some strong marks for a bloke that's only 178cm.
Also liked that Castagna kid, got plenty of it, didn't use it exceptionally well though.
If Lambert keeps to that standard in the next 2 NAB games I'd hope he's a starter come round 1.

Thought Lambert played really well, took some strong marks for a bloke that's only 178cm.
Also liked that Castagna kid, got plenty of it, didn't use it exceptionally well though.
If Lambert keeps to that standard in the next 2 NAB games I'd hope he's a starter come round 1.

I'm hoping for a Milesy type effort. I know I'm not asking for much. Forever the optimist though....You just never know;)

everyone at the club is talking him up apparently and Newy did same during broadcast yesterday. Probably just trolling us all so we put him in our fantasy comps and will never play a game?

I am a believer and I hope that Lambert will become an important best 22 player.

I believe he has all the attributed in becoming a top tier player and from what I heard from him he is an exemplary character to have in the club.

I am a Lambertite.

*I'm allowed to believe in Cotchinology and The Church of Lambert right?

So he came up to you and said that? He seems pretentious.

I liked his performance yesterday, but unless he does something amazing in the next 2 NAB Cup games I would prefer to give the first elevated rookie spots to someone like Arnott who is probably on his last chance. Thomas should next in line as a mature bodies backup for injury so I'd have him 3rd in line as we have a couple of years of him on a rookie list to see if he makes it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played alright but tbh would need to do even more to oust someone from the senior side. Will be interesting to see if he can go past Thomas who would have been handy in yesterday's team

He is already gone past Thomas because he can kick and has some toe.

Thomas should only play VFL this year unless we have an injury crisis... Touch wood

He is already gone past Thomas because he can kick and has some toe.

Thomas should only play VFL this year unless we have an injury crisis... Touch wood
bullshit he s gone past him, MT first senior appearance he made for us was near 30 possesions v GC and avg 20 possies a game at 75% in 2014, Lambert was hardly that prominent and from what Ive seen has a bit of a way to go, however he has time on his side and we re not really in any rush

I sort of want to see Arnott and Lambert go well and play in our best 22 this year but I also sort of want us to elevate Thomas round 1 so these two have to work their asses off like Miles did to make the team.

I sort of want to see Arnott and Lambert go well and play in our best 22 this year but I also sort of want us to elevate Thomas round 1 so these two have to work their asses off like Miles did to make the team.
/ban

Likes what I see strong at the contest some really nice vision at times and footy smarts and has got some wheels. Got a few more games to really get attention from selectors. Please no Thomas

Lambert is a Williamstown boy, so is Equus ;)

Does that mean you can take the boy out of Willy butt you can't take the..............(You all know what I was thinking):eek::p....I'll show myself out......

If Lambert is selected and plays well in the other two pre-season matches he would be pushing hard for a round 1 spot. I can see Hardwick making him earn selection through the VFL though, which isn't a bad thing.

I am just happy we have picked up a quality player from the rookie draft. :thumbsu:

I really liked his game and Arnotts yesterday but they won't see action cause we have to see Thomas get promoted and turn it over all year . It's just the way it is .

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back