Player Watch #23: Kane Lambert - Retired effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

What a beast he is, never knew he could kick a 50 m goal too.
He always has a knack for kicking a sealing goal too, that goal he scored in the gf in the 3rd qtr was when i realised we could actually win

That is the part of his game that he has improved that has blown me away. A few years ago I thought there was no way this guy makes it. He was a battler with limited skills, but the biggest problem was every time he got a shot on goal from more than 40m, he couldnt make the distance. Seriously, 35m was his range. Last night I remembered this as he was going back to take the shot. Nailed it from the 50. Impressive development from him in so many areas of his game. Starting to get serious attention from oppo teams now. And rightfully so.

Another ripper!
200.gif

What a beast he is, never knew he could kick a 50 m goal too.
He always has a knack for kicking a sealing goal too, that goal he scored in the gf in the 3rd qtr was when i realised we could actually win
Kicked some of the best goals in the finals last year

Sealer vs Geelong
First goal vs GWS
"Oh yes, yes, yes, yes" vs Adelaide

Plus the run down the wing that he didn't kick but resulted in "it's tiger time, that's what it is"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is the part of his game that he has improved that has blown me away. A few years ago I thought there was no way this guy makes it. He was a battler with limited skills, but the biggest problem was every time he got a shot on goal from more than 40m, he couldnt make the distance. Seriously, 35m was his range. Last night I remembered this as he was going back to take the shot. Nailed it from the 50. Impressive development from him in so many areas of his game. Starting to get serious attention from oppo teams now. And rightfully so.
incredible that he could do that, how the hell do they increase their kicking range? technique? leg power?

incredible that he could do that, how the hell do they increase their kicking range? technique? leg power?

It could be fitness. At training he probably had the range, but in games, with fatigue, couldnt kick over 40m. Now after becoming a running machine, racks up 15+ km a game, he can take the kick no probs.

I really love this bloke. He's a footballers footballer if you know what i mean. Real high footy IQ. To top it off, seems a real good bloke. The perfect type of guy to have around the club when you have a young list like we have.

Kanes been a great pick up and become a real solid player who even when he has a quite one makes a contribution.
Reckon we have a 22 that does this these days.
It's the swings and roundabouts that all clubs have where high draft picks don't make it but rookies and late picks more than make up for it.

Been a lot of talk about how much better he plays with Prestia in the team. The numbers totally bear this out. Check out his per game averages with and without Prestia over the last two years.

pFvOBVt.png

That is fantastic.
It's like they complete each other.
Move over Marcon. Lambert has found his soulmate.

Great post and agree I didn’t think he would make it. Credit to him and the FD.

After playing a key role in Richmond’s 2017 premiership triumph, and subsequently finishing third in the Jack Dyer Medal, Lambert has taken his game to an even higher level this season.

He’s averaging 22.3 disposals per match and is ranked 10th in the competition for score involvements.
Also sits 2nd overall for both effective disposals and clearances at the club.

How ******* good is this bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back