Player Watch #23: Kane Lambert - Retired effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

This happened in the first quarter and Lambo still managed 25 touches. He has 3 weeks to recover from what is probably a 2 week lay off. He'll be going hell for leather for the first final, don't worry.

I wouldn't be averse to finishing second if we need to drop the next two, get some rest into some players.

EDIT: It's actually 4 full weeks he and Butler have up their sleeve to recover, plenty of time.

As long as he and Butler are ready for the QF, I’m not fussed they miss the next two

we spoke about this on the podcast last night, Lambert will be fine to transition back into AFL level no worries at all given it will only be a 2-3 week lay off.

Butler on the other hand will have missed almost 8+ weeks of football, I'm not sure if he can walk back straight into a final without having a couple of games under his belt for proper match fitness.

we spoke about this on the podcast last night, Lambert will be fine to transition back into AFL level no worries at all given it will only be a 2-3 week lay off.

Butler on the other hand will have missed almost 8+ weeks of football, I'm not sure if he can walk back straight into a final without having a couple of games under his belt for proper match fitness.
Agreed, particularly when he is far from a star player. Those types of allowances are reserved for your guns, not your role players

Top 2 sewn up. Club fully focussed on having best list to pick from for finals. Right attitude and a chance for someone to step up

This happened in the first quarter and Lambo still managed 25 touches. He has 3 weeks to recover from what is probably a 2 week lay off. He'll be going hell for leather for the first final, don't worry.

I wouldn't be averse to finishing second if we need to drop the next two, get some rest into some players.

EDIT: It's actually 4 full weeks he and Butler have up their sleeve to recover, plenty of time.
* why can't finals hurry up and start. This H&A s**t is getting annoying.

Wow, you're very sensitive. You managed to take a stab at Jon Ralph personally? Judging by the "likes", you seem to be the only one who missed the point of my response.

Lighten up mate.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It was a joke princess. You lighten up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butler has had a putrid season. Ridiculous if he walks straight back into our best 22.

Putrid. That's a harsh word. Was on track to kick around 30 goals again this year before injury hit.

He is definitely best 22.

Castagna and Butler are different players when the trio are together.

Not even close. Butler's been the worst by far.
DB 15 Games 172 Disposals 18 Goals 50 Tackles 44 Inside50 258 Pressure Acts
JC 18 Games 187 Disposals 23 Goals 51 Tackles 40 Inside50 257 Pressure Acts

Looks to me like Dan has about the same or only slightly under statistics with 3 less games for the year

Tough gig permanent small forward!! Even Rioli has been quiet apart from last week since his comeback from injury.
Butler was reasonable on an individual level prior to his injury certainly doing enough to hold his spot
Anyway it’s what the 3 amigos do as a collective that makes them so valuable and why they hold their spots even after quiet patches
Agree on Butts this year- done and dusted. Luckily small forward depth is something we have plenty of

Higgins has effectively replaced him which is lucky. Has been up and down but I still think he is very important with his pace.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Higgins has spent more time in the middle though so not really replaced Dan.

Will be required there even more now that Lambo is out and maybe also Prestia

As a sum of parts, Butler, Rioli and Castanga are a powerful force. BRC. Imagine Castagnas name was Daniel as well. Lol.

**** why can't finals hurry up and start. This H&A s**t is getting annoying.

agree. h&a is for minnow clubs. We're about finals.

As a sum of parts, Butler, Rioli and Castanga are a powerful force. BRC. Imagine Castagnas name was Daniel as well. Lol.

agree. h&a is for minnow clubs. We're about finals.
This year there will be no finals as it will resemble the EPL where the Premiers are known months before the season finishes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back