Player Watch #23: Kane Lambert - Retired effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

No footy this week, media have nothing to talk about and will try make it sound worse than it is for clicks.

The club has proven they are very good at managing our players. Why would you flog him on the track when he is already the best 2 way runner at the club? They know what he brings and what he can do - no need to push him.

Merry Christmas Everyone

Herald Sun reporting Lambert has just re-signed with the club for four more years!!

Along with Garthwaite for 2 years and Colman-Jones for 3 more years

Great to see the club is being proactive in locking down key players this early in the year before they are out of contract

Last edited:
Great news regarding Lambert who's year was imo as good as any Richmond player in 2019 , Has been a sensational get for the tigers

Garth x 2 - Brilliant
CCJ x 3 years - Sensational

Club is such a professional club these days just getting things done and not losing anybody we want to keep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Kane, probably reached his peak and wont ever be a superstar, but hes reliable and an excellent hard working role model. Hits the scoreboard on occasion too. Probably a touch underrated by the AFL community. Hardly gets a mention.

I dunno 3rd in bnf premreship year and 2nd this year (minor premieres) says superstar to me

Lambert wouldn’t be on big coin so was probably someone that rivals could have tried to poach with a big offer

Club must have big hopes for CCJ wihich is awesome also
Pretty telling in regards too CCJ in the fact that 3yrs indicates how he is progressing and his commitment in staying.:thumbsu:

Great news.

We're staying on top here and now, and building to stay on top for the next decade. Excellent management and you see who the major priorities are.

Happy way to start the Christmas break for me :D:rainbow:

We still have alot of very very good players to sign up this year

Rioli, Vlas, Astbury and Sheds are the next I want to see locked down

Rioli and Vlas on 3 - 4 year deals as well

Love Kane, probably reached his peak and wont ever be a superstar, but hes reliable and an excellent hard working role model. Hits the scoreboard on occasion too. Probably a touch underrated by the AFL community. Hardly gets a mention.
Tend to agree...really interested to see how he goes now after recovering from his foot injury...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back