Toast 24-22 xxxx xxxx xxxxxxx xxxx!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard Port fans saying last week that the Showdown isn't as big as it used to be and has lost its excitement/aura that it once had.

I think thats because they don't want them often now that they feel that way

Expecting to cop it over this but I don’t mind port. Bloody love a head to head advantage over any team but haven’t fallen into the token loathing due to geography.

I despise the clubs the bring nothing to the competition. Think Saints for 150 yers of failure or any Ross Lyon coached team for being unwatchable.

I also enjoy watching good football so outside of the crows winning, if port play attractive footy I’m happy enough for them to go ok.

Mind you I don’t live in Adelaide so don’t have to put up with every second campaigner rubbing a loss in my face.

Expecting to cop it over this but I don’t mind port. Bloody love a head to head advantage over any team but haven’t fallen into the token loathing due to geography.

I despise the clubs the bring nothing to the competition. Think Saints for 150 yers of failure or any Ross Lyon coached team for being unwatchable.

I also enjoy watching good football so outside of the crows winning, if port play attractive footy I’m happy enough for them to go ok.

Mind you I don’t live in Adelaide so don’t have to put up with every second campaigner rubbing a loss in my face.
They don't have that many real supporters

port-adelaide-tarps.jpg

This is the key
Sometimes I dont mind if port are going ok but so many of their supporters become so unbearable that wanting them to do bad is more about that.

I love the showdown rivalry, but hate the pettiness of it

What’s been glossed over a bit is we’ve now built a buffer with a home showdown to go.

We used to embarrassingly trail these ******s for many years and now we are in front after a few years of domination.

Suck **** Ken

Suck **** Kochie

Suck **** Kane

Suck **** Rucci

And Suck **** to the Port flogs who suck ****
LOVED your opening salvo; eloquent and to the point, reflecting my own loathing of PA/Hinkley et al perfectly. :thumbsu:
Did you visit the PA Board at any time this week? Their post-game melts were delicious reading ---
"Never tear us apart"??? Ah ha haaaaaaa!! :D

The funniest thing was when Port were up in the ledger against us it was all that mattered, but when we took over it was all about how they are big picture, far beyond a local SA theme and all about the national theme.

It sucks that it still has the aura of being close.

When you consider it’s 20-12 since 03, and that we’ve pumped them several times, it really isn’t.
Mark Williams used to own Gary Ayres until he spat the dummy and left mid-2004

Mark Williams used to own Gary Ayres until he spat the dummy and left mid-2004
Yeah. That period and the fact they won the frst one as underdogs are about the only things that gives Port any air of parity.

The fact that we've spanked them 7 or 8 times, (including a final), often gets lost in the old ''the showdown is always close'' rhetoric.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back