24/7 OneHD sports is dead

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2004
Why do you care?
I'll gladly put $1 on the table that OneHD won't be in its current 24/7 Sport form come January 1 2012

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...ts-younger-males/story-e6frg996-1226032917944

TEN Network Holdings' two-year experiment with digital sports channel One is expected to come to an end in coming weeks when it is revamped as a broader entertainment offering aimed at younger men.

It is understood One will retain sports programs in its line-up, but will feature more general entertainment programming in its prime time line-up as it aims to expand its audience under acting chief executive Lachlan Murdoch.

As long as they keep showing the footy in HD.
The way the FTA channels use their HD channels is ridiculous, all footy, NRL etc should be in HD and they should show all of their new shows (CSI, Two and half men, Glee etc) in HD (as terrible as they all are) instead of the upscaled dross they show now.

The way they went about it was very dumb, I love it and hope it stays like hell but too late I guess. Not sure how many people would rather watch shitty movies that I've never heard of than footy panels, footy, NBA, IPL or F1s

They already show movies some nights.

It's the kind of channel where, at any time of the day, there is a chance of getting something decent (unlike other channels that are only infomercials and bible bashing shows in the early hours) but it's normally some boring obscure sport...or motor racing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they'd see Live F1 as a cash cow and keep it? I really hope they keep that and (at a stretch as it probably rates very poorly) live Bundesliga and Serie A football. A lot of it was filler to be honest. How many times can you watch lightweight american motorsport? It was a bold move, they failed, we'll get over it (or get Foxtel).

i think most of the sports will go when they are out of contract, such as NFL, MLB, NBA, and all the soccer. if anything its a big win for foxtel with sport contracts and what foxtel will be able to pay for exclusive rights

i think most of the sports will go when they are out of contract, such as NFL, MLB, NBA, and all the soccer. if anything its a big win for foxtel with sport contracts and what foxtel will be able to pay for exclusive rights

Which was what they should have done... IN THE FIRST PLACE!:mad:

It took a 24 hr/ 7 days a week FTA Sports Channel to make Pay Tv come to its senses

Although one has to ask: Why did they bother making so many new Digital HD channels, when not a signal program on any of them is worth watching? :mad:

Which was what they should have done... IN THE FIRST PLACE!:mad:

It took a 24 hr/ 7 days a week FTA Sports Channel to make Pay Tv come to its senses

Although one has to ask: Why did they bother making so many new Digital HD channels, when not a signal program on any of them is worth watching? :mad:

There's an enormous amount of crap on Foxtel too. And more and more f*#@ing advertisements. A lot of people talk-up Foxtel but I'm seriously considering flicking it.

I really hope the NFL and NBA stay on, will be shattered if I cant watch those anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back