Delisted #24: Alex Browne - Now at Northern Blues - Retired from footy - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Not ####ing happy about this ..not happy at all.

Might seem harsh but it's the right call. Getting on the park a couple of times in 5 years is not good enough, injured or not. Good luck Alex!
Then how the hell does Hams survive when he has much smaller upside while getting on the park even less?

Then how the hell does Hams survive when he has much smaller upside while getting on the park even less?
This is it for me. I'm happy if the club is getting ruthless, but how the hell does Hams stay on the list ahead of him. 175cm, 75kg inside mid who doesn't have noticeable pace or disposal. The only thing going for him is he's not Dayle Garlett.

Not as disappointed as I should be at this delisting. Never seemed to get back to what he was trending to become pre knee injury.

Post knee, he seemed to think he was more advanced than what he was and this never seemed to return to that run and carry HBF he was looking likely to become.

Only thing would be is to hope he can stick around at VGL level, prove himself for a year and have another crack in 2017. Highly doubtful as a positional player most easily filled these days.

Good luck for the future Browney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://northernbluesfc.com.au/?p=3845

First interview with Browney since returning to the Northern Blues

ALEX Browne has conceded the Essendon players who took part in the club’s supplements program in 2012 will be forever scarred by their involvement.

Browne, who played 11 matches for the Bombers before being delisted at the end of 2015, had signed to play VFL with Northern Blues before he was suspended for the entire 2016 campaign.

It was a cruel blow for a 23-year-old fresh out of the AFL system and determined to make the most of his debut season in navy blue.

Good full article to read and not blocked by HuN subscription for once

That's tough to read, really. Alex was (and I'm sure still is) a very decent young man and I can only imagine he must be doing it pretty tough if he doesn't feel he can face up to playing VFL level football.

Or maybe he's just had a gutful of footy full stop. Either way, a shame.

Really sad to read this - he seemed a ripper bloke and I thought he should have been given more opportunities as he had a lot of talent. I hope things go well for him in whatever path he takes.

That's tough to read, really. Alex was (and I'm sure still is) a very decent young man and I can only imagine he must be doing it pretty tough if he doesn't feel he can face up to playing VFL level football.

Or maybe he's just had a gutful of footy full stop. Either way, a shame.

Seems like he's just completely over footy and who could blame him.

It's an interesting one, VFL footy. It's probably really only for those trying to make the AFL. Guys like Browne get paid more a level down and the commitment is a fair bit less.

You can transfer until June 30. Hopefully bobs up at a more relaxed local clubs somewhere and can enjoy footy with mates while he moves on to the next phase of his life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back