Delisted #24: Alex Browne - Now at Northern Blues - Retired from footy - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh yes, the time is almost upon us.

Soon we will have de-listed every player on the list but who was not served with an infraction notice without ever having given any of them a decent shot at a career. By the end of next year we will have cleaned out almost all of the 2012 crop depsite there being a mantra somewhere that we are about development of our own.

If I can get a couple of email addresses I'll be feeding the ideas to whichever Essendon bashing a-hole in the media will listen.

Wot

Ahh yes, the time is almost upon us.

Soon we will have de-listed every player on the list but who was not served with an infraction notice without ever having given any of them a decent shot at a career. By the end of next year we will have cleaned out almost all of the 2012 crop depsite there being a mantra somewhere that we are about development of our own.

If I can get a couple of email addresses I'll be feeding the ideas to whichever Essendon bashing a-hole in the media will listen.
This post needs an infraction notice

Just picture Browne on the ground, arms and legs everywhere, hair sweaty and messy, bit flustered in pressure, missing kicks.

Now picture Woosha as coach... They just don't match do they. He dosent feel like a woosh player.

Dempsey should have been delisted before browne and then taken as a rookie given he's ineligible to play the first few weeks anyway.

You don't transfer an older player to the rookie list.

A garbage decision informed by the garbage decision to never give the 2010/11/12 cohort a fair crack of the whip in the first place. It's one thing Hird actually did that he cops zero flack for.

Browne could easily go to Carlton or Brisbane and play 22 games of good footy next year.

A garbage decision informed by the garbage decision to never give the 2010/11/12 cohort a fair crack of the whip in the first place. It's one thing Hird actually did that he cops zero flack for.

Browne could easily go to Carlton or Brisbane and play 22 games of good footy next year.

I dunno he seems to cop a heap of it on here for not playing these guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno he seems to cop a heap of it on here for not playing these guys.

But we are just humble internet nerds. Hasn't been mentioned in the media at all really, he's basically left us with a bit of a freo like age void in the list.

Sad to lose a sponsored player. :( Was a big fan on Browne. Will never forget seeing him a few years ago in Adelaide having a massive last quarter. All the best.

Last edited:
Might seem harsh but it's the right call. Getting on the park a couple of times in 5 years is not good enough, injured or not. Good luck Alex!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back