Delisted #24: Craig Bird - Not offered a contract for 2018 - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh. Perfectly fine depth.

Id like to see how he goes when we have our stars back. Was forced to be a main man last year and also had an incredibly limited preseason.

Bit of talent back on the list, a good preseason and he could be a good foot soldier. Improves our VFL team too.

Can you bet on the VFL?
Yes. You can't do so for a little while yet (although they have SANFL and WAFL betting up) but yes.

Gee, you'd have to put a sneaky few on our boys if the odds are half reasonable?
Mate, I'm loading up as soon as they're available.

Only two reasons he players seniors this year.

1). He reinvents himself and becomes a tottaly different type of players.

2). Injuries.

Having said that, I like him around the club and think he can add alot of professionalism for our youngsters in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He gives me reason to pretend that he might be related to Larry Bird from the Celtics. Good enough for me.

He's still on our list isn't he? There's a limit to my interwebz powers.
Mate I've already established he was BOG in the first practice game and it was a travesty he isn't in the leadership group.

Mate I've already established he was BOG in the first practice game and it was a travesty he isn't in the leadership group.

Fine you can have him. I'm not changing my sig though!

I know he has his limitation but thoughts on getting him in to assist with the stoppages?
I liked his aggression at Sydney and we've never seen him play with the full squad, he may be a complimentary type who enhances those around him..

I know he has his limitation but thoughts on getting him in to assist with the stoppages?
I liked his aggression at Sydney and we've never seen him play with the full squad, he may be a complimentary type who enhances those around him..
NO GOOD !

My best 22 and many others have no defending midfielder. I think you're right someone like a bird or hocking that's the defending midfielder is safe and required. If you start Heppell Watson and zerrett and they lose three clearances in a row, who does the defending sweep role? I think this combo will rarely happen unless we're desperate or it's first bounce.
The most worrying thing about that is who else would you play defensively at the stoppage? Not many names come to mind who would do that well or experienced.
Do we sacrifice Heppell to play more defensive and can really focus on the coordination role similar to a hodge?
Out of the three Heppell Watson and zerrett, Heppell is the least damaging.

My best 22 and many others have no defending midfielder. I think you're right someone like a bird or hocking that's the defending midfielder is safe and required. If you start Heppell Watson and zerrett and they lose three clearances in a row, who does the defending sweep role? I think this combo will rarely happen unless we're desperate or it's first bounce.
The most worrying thing about that is who else would you play defensively at the stoppage? Not many names come to mind who would do that well or experienced.
Do we sacrifice Heppell to play more defensive and can really focus on the coordination role similar to a hodge?
Out of the three Heppell Watson and zerrett, Heppell is the least damaging.
We play hocking. Take it to the bank until Myers comes back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back