Delisted #24: Craig Bird - Not offered a contract for 2018 - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll wait until after next year before I judge him. Bit of a s**t situation he came into. Half the team got banned 3months after he came to the club, maybe it's a struggle for him to get motivated knowing what he left.

I'll wait until after next year before I judge him. Bit of a s**t situation he came into. Half the team got banned 3months after he came to the club, maybe it's a struggle for him to get motivated knowing what he left.

He should be happy he's playing afl instead of neafl which he'd be doing otherwise

didnt he start on him?
Yeah maybe at the first stoppage. Not one player exclusively went onto Martin. Most of the midfield would have stood him at stages. Parish, Zacka, Zerrett all dis too at some stage

Bird was assigned to Martin and couldn't keep up with him
This isnt 1993 Denham vs Williams.....

If you listen to most coaches these days, the midfield group is responsible for the opposite group. As stated previously there was definitely no exclusive match up for Martin.

There is some definite Bird hatred though so would have to kick 6 and have 40 to have some incredible incorrect facts not written on here about him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be a player who you do not appreciate what he does until he is not there. A bit like Bomber and his love of Howlett for his hardness at the contest.

Makes a huge difference to our midfield. Was immense today with his tackles and what turned out to be a very crucial goal.

A full preseason and he will only improve on what he has shown this year

Played in a winning grand final vs hawthorn, so anything more is a bonus, but happy for him to hit the milestone. :thumbsu:

The sort of player you notice more when they aren't playing (see the ******* Brisbane game).

Started the year very average, but has improved massively as the season has progressed.

The opinion I have of him is that he is a good player on a good team, but not necessarily someone who is able to put a poor team on his back.

Will see how he goes next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back