Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sunnybrook Farm
Rampe robbed of an AA spot
I kid you not, he didn't get in because he had a controversial few games & they didn't give him any benefit of doubt.

If lined up along a wall, school days style & teams were being picked, without a doubt in the world he would be one of the first 4 picked, such is his ability to play tall & small & attacking from the backline.
But there are plenty other hard luck stories. He did himself no favours climbing the post.

Swan4Life

All Australian
Jan 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
The goal post saga shouldn't have factored into the decision and if it did it is a disgrace.

We finished with a percentage of 98 which means we were competitive for almost every game. Without Ramps, I'd daresay that would be around 80 to 85. He was THAT good.

IMO, his non-selection is a disgrace nonetheless, and is on par with JPKs AA omission in 2017 and 2016 Norm Smith oversight. But not surprising given the Vic bias in the AFL. Yet another reason i will probably tune out of the finals series.

Skystyler

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2007
Helensburgh
AFL Club
Sydney
He had back to back games where his over exuberance at the end could have potentially cost us the 4 points.
Other than that, a bit stiff maybe. The competition for spots is pretty fierce. Tom Stewart had a great year. I have no problem with his selection. And you couldn't possibly leave Grimes out of the team. The one I would have dropped for Rampe is McGovern, but he is a bit of freak and I'm a swans fan.
Dunno how Haynes missed out either.

LukeParkerno1

Post-Human
Sep 23, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
He had back to back games where his over exuberance at the end could have potentially cost us the 4 points.
Other than that, a bit stiff maybe. The competition for spots is pretty fierce. Tom Stewart had a great year. I have no problem with his selection. And you couldn't possibly leave Grimes out of the team. The one I would have dropped for Rampe is McGovern, but he is a bit of freak and I'm a swans fan.
Dunno how Haynes missed out either.
Haynes missed a portion of football that probably came into it.

Top Bottom