Player Watch #24 Dane Rampe

Remove this Banner Ad

eTidRiiY.jpg

Dane Rampe

Player Profile

Dane Rampe was denied at several drafts and didn’t land a spot on an AFL list until the age of 22. But ever since being rookie-listed in November 2012, the key defender has seized his opportunity. Rampe made his AFL debut in Round 1, 2013 and played his 150th match in 2019. He’s an All Australian, an emergency for the greatest NSW team of all time and a Bob Skilton medallist, and he’s led the Swans as a co-captain with Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker since 2019. It doesn’t matter if the opposition’s best forward is a tall or small; so versatile and reliable is Rampe that he’s always assigned to the toughest task in defence. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 37; 2013 AFL draft rookie elevation (Sydney) selection No. 90.

Dane Rampe

DOB: 02 June 1990
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2013
RECRUITED FROM: Eastern Suburbs (NSW)/University of NSW (NSW)

Last edited:

Where is the show pony Harley when we need him. He should have been front and centre standing next to Rampe. I am actually starting to feel for the bloke. He shouldn't have to front the media by himself without a club representative alongside of him. And apparently he is a member of the union. So good on him. By the way all you Rampephiles Ted and myself are still the only volunteers to pass the hat around. And even Ted's doing it on the cheap. Seriously its time for the club and the players to answer the druggies and whingers in Melbourne in the old South Melbourne way - off the boot with a big win in Tassie.

Unfotunate that his great game is going to be overshadowed by one mistake. He saved more goals than the one he gave up late.

Unfotunate that his great game is going to be overshadowed by one mistake. He saved more goals than the one he gave up late.
I’ve looked at that and yes, there could be a parallax error, but I couldn’t say that he went over the mark. There’s a square patch of grass that gives it perspective. Will be interesting on the post-mortem footy shows.

Last edited:
Two late in game brain fades from Rampe now
Has had two excellent games but lets himself down with some type of weird adrenaline rush at a crucial late moment

Jumps fences
Climbs posts
Runs over marks

Had a bit of a moment on the boundary

Just doesn’t like being limited or told not to do something I guess

Bet he climbed out his cot a lot as a baby

Longmire spent a good half of his press conference today talking about just how well Rampe has played this year. Very glad to hear it - I think he's getting nowhere near the media recognition he deserves for how brilliantly he's played this year.

Having a brilliant first year as co-captain.

Leading the POTY for a reason :p

I reckon he'd be leading the Skilton by a substantial margin right now. At this rate, it could be a 2012 kind of count where Kennedy lapped the field.

His competitors have all played well in part. Jones started the year on fire before injury, Hewett started the year quietly before lighting up the last 6 weeks, same with Parker, Papley and Aliir have been pretty consistent but at nowhere near the level of Rampe imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have fun on Sunday afternoon for your 150th :)

[IMG='width:500px;']https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Dane%20rampe%204.6.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah but which Rampe plays on the tall, which one plays on the crumbing forward? ;)

Which one climbs the post?
Which one jumps over the mark?

Which ones shaves the stupid moustache?

I really think our lack of kpd's over the years has held rampe back. He really should have taken over mal's role. Perfect replacement and could have been a real weapon

I completely disagree. He’s doing 2/3rds of Malceski’s role while doing an entire KPD’s role at the same time. I think that’s much better for him than just being another full-time half-back flanker.

Conversation i just had with my 3yo daughter:

Her: "What are you doing daddy?"
Me: "Leaving my goalposts out for Dane Rampe's 150th"
Her: "Don't be such a little girl, daddy."
Me: "You're overstepping your mark there princess."
Her: "F*** off dad."

Conversation i just had with my 3yo daughter:

Her: "What are you doing daddy?"
Me: "Leaving my goalposts out for Dane Rampe's 150th"
Her: "Don't be such a little girl, daddy."
Me: "You're overstepping your mark there princess."
Her: "F*** off dad."
Geez, she sounds like a little girl

Jumps fences
Climbs posts
Runs over marks

Had a bit of a moment on the boundary

Just doesn’t like being limited or told not to do something I guess

Bet he climbed out his cot a lot as a baby
Climbed out of his cot for a sneaky f** ?

I can picture young Dane at pre-school, shaking the posts of the climbing frame while some little girl screams. "You sound like a little girl" says young Dane. The teacher is cross. "Dane, you've crossed over the mark this time" she scolds 3 yr old Dane.

This is not Dane's first indiscretion. He's been told off many times for jumping fences. "You could trip and break your arm".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back