horj89

All Australian
Feb 16, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just wondering if anyone has any experience with them? I have my own gym equipment at home but am not always home to use it but still want to work out. I am thinking of joining Jett's but i am just after a few people thoughts.

Can differ from gym to gym with the 24 hour ones, generally busy on weeknights between 4.30 and 7. Awesome to use when it's quiet. Some 24 hour ones can lack in equipment but luckily the one near me is pretty good in that area. Only thing is during unstaffed hours, is when s**t can happen and the place is left like s**t with weights everywhere and people (generally teenagers in their groups) run amock around the place.

Never go to any Jetts or any other bs unstaffed ones.

For 24 hour gyms stick to Doherty's or Derrimut or local ones in your area that a run by gym enthusiasts, where they are staffed 24/7 and offer the best equipment going around.

Never go to any Jetts or any other bs unstaffed ones.

For 24 hour gyms stick to Doherty's or Derrimut or local ones in your area that a run by gym enthusiasts, where they are staffed 24/7 and offer the best equipment going around.

Why not? just a safety thing? The one near me has a couple of power cages. Seems reasonable enough.

Im thinking i might join up with them. Im not exactly after mass gains or looking like Ronnie Coleman. They seem to be reasonably priced and for the convenience of being a 2 minute walk away it should do the job. Im doing the 3 day trial this weekend so i suppose that will be the decider.

Im thinking i might join up with them. Im not exactly after mass gains or looking like Ronnie Coleman. They seem to be reasonably priced and for the convenience of being a 2 minute walk away it should do the job. Im doing the 3 day trial this weekend so i suppose that will be the decider.

You better not lift heavy weights and eat too much protein then. I heard the combination causes uncontrollable muscle growth.

I switched to one near me. Two cages, plenty of barbells and free weights. Have to wear a duress alarm if you go in when it's un staffed. I liked my old gym but the hours, especially on weekends, were restrictive. Been at my new gym for two weeks and seen at most two other people there at one time.

I switched to one near me. Two cages, plenty of barbells and free weights. Have to wear a duress alarm if you go in when it's un staffed. I liked my old gym but the hours, especially on weekends, were restrictive. Been at my new gym for two weeks and seen at most two other people there at one time.

You still in the 'Ville? I'm looking fir a decent one in that general area.

You still in the 'Ville? I'm looking fir a decent one in that general area.
No, slightly more northern inner-west. It's plus-24 at Leichhardt. 10 minutes on the bike and I'm there. It's definitely a lot more machine-y than the Uni gym, but there's enough to get everything I need done, especially when I'm usually the only one there.

I go to zaps fitness which is a tas based 24hour gym(few in vic too i think) and it basically has all you could need. all your pin and plate loaded machines, squat rack, smith machine, barbells, dumbells, all your cable equipment and cardio stuff. the only problem ive had with it is the mess when you go early of a morning. But its good having a whole gym to yourself basically.

I go to zaps fitness which is a tas based 24hour gym(few in vic too i think) and it basically has all you could need. all your pin and plate loaded machines, squat rack, smith machine, barbells, dumbells, all your cable equipment and cardio stuff. the only problem ive had with it is the mess when you go early of a morning. But its good having a whole gym to yourself basically.

I've had mornings where I've been the only one in the gym I'm a member of. It's worth getting up early for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your going to be working out in out of hours time in an unstaffed gym. You may aswell just be doing it at home.
As for my experience of a 24/7 gym, I enjoyed it, until i wanted a little more. I used to be a casual in the gym, but now im hooked on it. I have never been to dohertys or any of the major 24 hour gyms but most of the ones around my area are small, and offer little variety of equipment and when you go in hours they offer little classes or staff to talk too/get advice if you don't know what your doing. Hence why I moved.

Don't forget one of the experiences of gym is the social one. Yes your primary benefit is yourself but it is alot more fun if you don't have a work out partner if you know the staff and the regulars at the gym. If you go out of hours you will be one of 5-6 people (dependant on gym) and it is no where near as enjoyable in my opinion.

when i get back to sydney the only gym near me that i know of is a 24 hour anytime fitness gym. will check it out. will probably only be temporary accommodation.

This.

I tried out anytime fittness when they had a free 7day trail it seemed alright for small gym.One thing i didnt like was the MTV justine bieber music up too loud for my liking.I went to try out another gym today because i was getting my car fixed down the street.There website said free 7day trail but the silly B only today free i didnt like it there all that much anyway.Back to my normal gime tomorrow.

Yeah one of my local gyms rushed in 24hr opening - and it was a larger health club with the full array of barbells, squat racks etc.
They have the duress alarms that you are supposed to carry when unstaffed, but I dont see how that would help if you were by there by yourself and dropped a fully loaded barbell on yourself & got pinned.

I wouldnt be thinking insurance companies would look too kindly on it.

I go to a 24-hour gym that has unstaffed hours and have no worries with it. Love being able to go late after work and have no one else around. No need to rush between equipment/wait for machines.

Can someone give me a rough price on how much a membership is at Anytime Fitness as I am thinking bout joining? Am going to use 7 day trial first tho.

Can someone give me a rough price on how much a membership is at Anytime Fitness as I am thinking bout joining? Am going to use 7 day trial first tho.

A mate of mine is paying $55 a month at an Anytime, seems to really enjoy the place too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back