Delisted #24: Jordan Houlahan

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely he gets trialed as a back pocket before we cut him? Has plenty of tools to succeed there.

He's gone back a few times this year.

Issue is that we're already stacked for players in that area of the ground.

He's also not that quick that he's a ground level player and he's not in the league of Zert-Thatcher, for example, overhead.

I can't see a part of his game that screams out for the undermining of development of other players in that part of the ground.

Last edited:

He's gone back a few times this year.

Issue is that we're already stacked for players in that area of the ground.

He's also not that quick that he's a ground level player and he's not in the league of Zert-Thatcher, for example, overhead.

I can't see a part of his game that screams out for the undermining of development of other players in that part of the ground.

Matt Deal lines up in our VFL defence every week and Ridley is past the point of learning anything in the VFL back line.

I guess it doesn't really matter though from what I've seen he's our worst selection in any draft for quite some time.

How does he compare to Gown?
Smaller, less powerful, a little more agile, bigger leap, less sticky hands (Gown’s are great from the matches I’ve watched), more mercurial, better shot on goal within 50, not named after a garment type. Just my read...

He’s a gun, give him 5 or 6 years on the lift and I expect he’ll turn into a gun, just like Ariel Steinberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This bloke has 4 weeks to make a case for another year on the senior list. I like what he could be but his time to remain on the list is fast approaching. A team outside the 8 (Sandringham - currently 12th) and then 3 teams all inside the top 8 to close out the year (+ finals), it's now or never for Jordan.

I think he's rookie list material for one more year. He's kicked 20 from 15 and if I ask myself how likely it is he could improve that to 35-40 next year and get another 3-4 touches per game over 22 games, I'd say it's probable. Still has a lot of growth physically, is starting to pressure with intent and get involved periodically up the ground more.

I think he's rookie list material for one more year. He's kicked 20 from 15 and if I ask myself how likely it is he could improve that to 35-40 next year and get another 3-4 touches per game over 22 games, I'd say it's probable. Still has a lot of growth physically, is starting to pressure with intent and get involved periodically up the ground more.

Yep, it’s just starting to tick over for him a little bit more.

I’d be far more comfortable making a call on him in 18 months time, by then I suspect we’d have a definitive answer on him.

I can’t let this slide but what’s this about Jordan spreading rumours??

I'd boot Houlahan right now if the club could, spreading rumours about other players, and his general all round s**t attitude. He doesn't have a future in the AFL.

A bit ordinary if true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicked 22 goals this year in the VFL which is good for 12th in the comp.

Between that and his marking, there is certainly something to work with but he drifts too often out of games. Defensive stuff has improved but not consistent enough yet.

Definitely worth persisting with for mine for another year, but whether that is on the rookie list or main list is dependent on what our cap/draft/list management situation is.

I would rookie Jordan at this stage. He seems decent enough, but I think that equates to rookie spot for one more year.

How's a guy like Aaron Heppell who rarely hits the scoreboard kick 4 against AFL listed players, while this guy who spends all his time forward can't get anywhere near it?

Barely kicking a goal a game against AFL affiliated VFL sides isn't enough to give him another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back