Delisted #24: Jordan Houlahan

Wasn't a high possession winning game but he showed something in the VFL yesterday. Just had a dip and didn't mind getting his hands dirty
Liked what I saw of him. Very slight of frame though, he'll be at least two or three years in the making.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I didn't see yesterday but I doubt that it could have been enough for me not to be demoting him to the rookie list.

Over the course of a season he has been on par with the likes of Alex Morgan and Tom Wallis in terms of his output.

There are signs of what a player might look like but it's a very long way off.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Talking to a bloke last night who knows Jordan. Said he spoke to him last week, Woosha has said Baguley will be getting one more year and Jordan will be his long term replacement for Bags current role

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
More accurately.. Jordan COULD be his replacement. Needs to progress a fair way.

Last edited by a moderator:

adsla69k

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I love Houlihan! Something about him tells me he will be a star.

He reminds me of.....ready for it haha...

Jay Neagle x Darcy Daniher x Steve Johnson x Jake Stringer x Jesse Hogan = whatever that equals lol.

He appears to have arrogance. I've never meet him though.

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Would really want to lift next year ... I never really say this about players but I would be very surprised if he makes it.

Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
I love Houlihan! Something about him tells me he will be a star.

He reminds me of.....ready for it haha...

Jay Neagle x Darcy Daniher x Steve Johnson x Jake Stringer x Jesse Hogan = whatever that equals lol.

He appears to have arrogance. I've never meet him though.

What the hell!?

He is only just VFL standard.

mayhem20202

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2007
Sale, Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United
Talking to a bloke last night who knows Jordan. Said he spoke to him last week, Woosha has said Baguley will be getting one more year and Jordan will be his long term replacement for Bags current role

That’s the biggest load of rubbish I’ve ever read and I’ve read some bullshit on here in my time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
I'd say that the comment probably requires translation, not because Orasia Fantazio is making anything up.

Baguley's effort and work rate would be the sort of thing that JH should aspire to and is desperately needed if JH is to have a career. That becomes "replacement" with a bit of bravado or someone close wanting to talk up his mate, etc.

At this point, what is a replacement for Baguley? The depth small forward? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
I'd say that the comment probably requires translation, not because Orasia Fantazio is making anything up.

Baguley's effort and work rate would be the sort of thing that JH should aspire to and is desperately needed if JH is to have a career. That becomes "replacement" with a bit of bravado or someone close wanting to talk up his mate, etc.

At this point, what is a replacement for Baguley? The depth small forward? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Yep, what he said. Wording has never been a strong point of mine

naraku

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
A.C. Milan
I'm not sure he will be kept right now. Behind all other kids from Mynott, Draper, BZT, Clarke....really behind.

I'm not sure he will be kept right now. Behind all other kids from Mynott, Draper, BZT, Clarke....really behind.
Contracted. Perfect candidate to be re-rookied though, really.

mayhem20202

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2007
Sale, Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United
I reckon he is slow burn that will suddenly pop. We had Merret on our list for how long? So I think we can give him 3 years in the system.

We’ve gotta stop keeping rubbish players for 5+ years. If they are no good or not showing significant improvement after 3 years, move them on. Seem to be moving towards a more business like approach to list management in recent years rather than the hopeful, loyal, optimistic crap we’d served up for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back